When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6239 to 6263 Panda build proyect

d4v3

Hi everyone

I am working in my first proyect a DW 6263 Paul Newman Daytona, been reading for several months and learning about this reference and saving for some the parts and seems like soon i will have all parts needed. movement was a pain in ass.

this is the xmas list for santa:

1.- DW 6239 case m2m described as slim caseback for valjoux 72 movement $350

2.- MQ Rolex Daytona singer refinished 6263 Paul Newman panda dial V72 $950

2.- Gen Valjoux 23  movement recently serviced $800

3.- 25-21 rolex crystal $110

4.- Bakelite bezel $130

5.- 24 p302 pushers $100

6.- 24 7030 tube $12

7.- Gen 24 703 crown $100

8.- 571 endlinks $50

9.- 78350 19 bracelet $30

10. Daytona hands set $250

Wanted to ask to the members that are familiar to this cases if its possible to make this change from 6239 to 6263 just changing pushers, bezel and dial is it possible?

I am about to order the tube but i see two at cousins (C33419 and C8363 one its 5,2 mm leght and the other 6,2 mm leght) not sure wich one to order.

Some parts are in the mail some other am ordering this days but i will be posting pictures of the progress.

cheers and merry xmas,

_img.jpg

You'd need a set of DW 6263 pushers and I don't know how you'd find those other than posting a WTB. The indent openings in your 6239 case at the pushers are probably big enough to accept the 6263 pushers, but a pic would help. Ofrei pushers have a different thread pitch than the DW pushers- .25mm vs .20mm for the DW as I recall.

This case on ebay could possibly be a DW case- no guarantees!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Watch-Case-Kit-for-Valjoux-72-Movement-Daytona-6263-6265-Lug-19mm-/282279550116?hash=item41b92c1ca4:g:trAAAOSwintXRmh3

If  you use a V 23, I guess the subdial at 6 o'clock will be fixed.

2 hours ago, alligoat said:

You'd need a set of DW 6263 pushers and I don't know how you'd find those other than posting a WTB. The indent openings in your 6239 case at the pushers are probably big enough to accept the 6263 pushers, but a pic would help. Ofrei pushers have a different thread pitch than the DW pushers- .25mm vs .20mm for the DW as I recall.

This case on ebay could possibly be a DW case- no guarantees!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Watch-Case-Kit-for-Valjoux-72-Movement-Daytona-6263-6265-Lug-19mm-/282279550116?hash=item41b92c1ca4:g:trAAAOSwintXRmh3

If  you use a V 23, I guess the subdial at 6 o'clock will be fixed.

Hello alligoat, thank you for the input, the previous owner of the case mentioned that this particular case was able to take ofrei pushers for 6263 with no problems or mods, direct swap (apparently he tried), in the other hand, I wanted to install gen pushers so I need  proper tubes, I will post pictures as soon as all parts arrive (most still in the mail)

Yes sub 6 will be frozen until I can source a valjoux 72.

As I understand it, the gen pushers and the Ofrei pushers are both .25mm thread pitch. You can re-tap the holes with the 2.5mm x .25 tap which is a standard Rolex tap size.

In re-tapping, you might want to use a little loc-tite when you screw in the pushers just to help with WR.

You cant just swap pushers...

The p302 screw type pushers require the case being drilled deeper than the plunger type pushers.

If you only change the pushers the p302 will not be long enough to engage the chrono lever.

Left - DW 6239 7750

Right - 6263 7750 cartel maybe??

a7e2c51736c53e79bd628371dca78242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, alligoat said:

Thanks alligoat another part coming now so we'll see if all fits once all the parts arrive, this is the list of errors that I made for rushing:

1.- bought a 6239 case but really wanted a 6263 Paul newman panda

2.-bought 302 pushers but mines should be 301 instead, i'll save the 1st pair for another proyect

3.-planned to used DW hands so had to get a new valjoux 72 ones since DW were for a7750

so fa so good, just waiting all the parts to arrive to put all together and take better pictures, been very busy with xmas but really happy with this first build, i been really tempted to work also in a 1680 old school MBW swiss mvt that i want to tune up with a MQ 1680 red dial, relumed and a gen mvt and i in the other hand a 6538 silix, but will focus on the daytona until its done.

here some pics of the movement that i took with a cellphone magnifyier, hour wheel and washer removed, cheers everyone!

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

I have one of the ebay Tudor 94200 cases from the same seller.  It appears to be the same quality as my DW pieces, and shipping and communication were similar.  It's probs DW or one of his relatives.

The CG profiles need a little work, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their 6263 cases if you want one.  Seems like a much easier path than modding a 6239 case.  

Plus, then you'll have the beginnings of a 6239!