When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Non Rep Caseback Removal

HaydenM

Hi All,

With christmas coming up I wish to give my mother the gift of a watch and have had a vintage Movado that I purchased a while back sitting in my desk for this. I am just wondering if anybody would have any idea how I would go about removing the caseback on this watch as I would like to give the dial and the inside of the crystal a clean before giving it as a gift.

Thanks in advance for any help.

436F4473-C742-4094-8CE6-3C989F239333_zps
6B2097FC-8E3B-45E0-A63D-6FF88484FA71_zps
41E83551-BF2B-4B04-AD7D-CB2FECB01120_zps
3B68FB12-FB56-4EF5-95DB-5B158E703CD5_zps

Regards,
HaydenM

3 hours ago, kernow said:

Are there any witness marks from previous removals? I'd have thought a case knife would be required?

Hey mate,

Thankfully I have found where to open the case back (just to state for the record there is a minute minute mark opposite the crown). Took it apart and cleaned up the inside of the crystal and most of the dial. Going to try to clean up the outside of the crystal now and should be ready to gift.

Wow, that is nice. I would have thought it would have been Quartz but even better; a mechanical movement. I hope your mum appreciates it.

It's one of the old Zenith movements. I picked it up for a steal on eBay not knowing what size it was thinking that it was dirt cheap if it was a men's watch and still cheap of a woman's. Now I'll just have to do some movement work as it appears something isn't working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk