When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double Red Sea Dweller 1665 bezel question

denvro

I have a question for the experts. I just bought my first replica Rolex. From hontwatch. He is a trusted dealer on RWI. The proces went pretty well and yesterday I've received the watch. But I think there is a problem with the bezel. It just turns both ways, without clicking, not able to lock it down in a specific position.

Check out the video I made of it

I emailed hontwatch about this, but his reaction is that it is okay.

Reaction hontwatch:

"the bezel is right turn ,not same gear as the new one ,the vintage models rolex bezel same this bezel ,and no gear ,just the new models have gear :)"

This is not true right?

Does a vintage DRSD 1665 have a spring/gear in the bezel? So it clicks when turning?

If not, then is it supposed to turn this easy? I should be able to 'lock' the bezel in a certain position right? I think that's the function of this ring when diving with it.

Below the QC pics I received from him before shipping. With the bezel nicely positioned at 12.

52d302e7298268d194e0e3ee7af8e000.jpg

41ed5c06d757599c53caff6da534f484.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z5 with Tapatalk

Okay thanks for your quick reply! I didn't know that, although I've read quite some things about this model before purchasing this rep.
But it is not supposed to turn so easily that it will turn automatically when wearing it right? Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Unfortunately you don't have the gen spec bezel assembly for a 1665. Judging by the underside it was originally for a later SD model with a click spring. The wire clip you have is the what holds the bezel in place on the retaining ring. Your best option is to use the dental floss trick already suggested by TheSociety. You need to reassemble the bezel and thread a strand of dental floss under the bezel that will add friction to the bezel rotation. Alternatively you could source a gen spec assembly to install. Phong would be a good choice, it's what I installed on mine.
c5cb22b80cac3ab2e99c4743f959933e.jpg
4d1b641fee930fc1b8f69b16d89e192a.jpg
8698bb41c6fe0fdfa74c677e88cc63bf.jpg

Unfortunately you don't have the gen spec bezel assembly for a 1665. Judging by the underside it was originally for a later SD model with a click spring. The wire clip you have is the what holds the bezel in place on the retaining ring. Your best option is to use the dental floss trick already suggested by TheSociety. You need to reassemble the bezel and thread a strand of dental floss under the bezel that will add friction to the bezel rotation. Alternatively you could source a gen spec assembly to install. Phong would be a good choice, it's what I installed on mine.
c5cb22b80cac3ab2e99c4743f959933e.jpg
4d1b641fee930fc1b8f69b16d89e192a.jpg
8698bb41c6fe0fdfa74c677e88cc63bf.jpg

Wow, thanks for the tips! Really love your watch! I'm planning to do some work on mine as well. Keep Phong in mind. But first I will try the dental floss trick.
Did you trim the crown guards yourself?