When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Rolex for Women?

Girln2watches

Would love your opinion on which model you think would look best on a woman's wrist. I am petite but tend to wear chunkier pieces, I do like bigger watches but not so big it looks silly on me.

I am considering these but would love advice. Also, would love your thoughts on which Rolex's have been repp'd the best? I think I read J21 is good but am researching the topic a bit more.

Thanks for any advice ;)

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 9.19.20 PM.png

07_Daytona-2000.jpg

2bd615e648c30af6379c6e42adf5b125.jpg

Edited by Girln2watches

I recently serviced this (gen) for a customer. It is women's 'mid' size at 36mm.

She is around 5' 2" and very petite, the watch looked perfect IMO. I wouldn't go for a Daytona like you have above, way too big.

36mm is a good, modern size women's watch ;)

IMG_5686_1.jpg

Edited by ceejay

You (the woman) are in the best position to answer your question. That is, you know best what you prefer.

Some things to consider -

If you tend to dress conservatively, you may find that a plain, vintage ladies watch works best.
if you like to be fashionable, you may find that a larger, men's watch is more to your liking.

When it comes to 'jewels' on rep watches, my advice is to steer clear. They never look real, regardless of the seller's hyperbole. Similarly, unless you absolutely must have gold, it is best to stick with stainless steel models. The reason is that the more features on a rep, the more likely they are to betray the watch as a rep. More & more people today are educating themselves to the telltale signs of reps. So, while a plain ladies Oyster Perpetual, Date or Datejust model may not broadcast the fact that you have are wearing a 'Rolex', it also tends to be very difficult to ID as a rep since the rep makers have pretty much gotten the basics down to a consistent science.

Finally, to my eye, old money does not need to shout, so they tend to opt for more understated jewelry, while the nouveau riche, having grown up without money, tend to feel the need to broadcast their wealth with flashy jewelry.
66190131.jpg

• Like 1

If you ask me, don't ask for others opinions but buy what ever watch you like and you can see yourself wearing! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know and have seen a LOT of women wearing regular sized watches such as Subs, GMTs, Daytonas and even APs! And let me tell you, on 9 out of 10 of these people these watches looked amazing on them. I have digged out a few pics for you to judge for yourself. :) 

V4aghBn.jpg

GBULvyx.jpg

Anyway, whatever you do, make sure to post it on here! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Would love your opinion on which model you think would look best on a woman's wrist. I am petite but tend to wear chunkier pieces, I do like bigger watches but not so big it looks silly on me.
I am considering these but would love advice. Also, would love your thoughts on which Rolex's have been repp'd the best? I think I read J21 is good but am researching the topic a bit more.
Thanks for any advice
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 9.19.20 PM.png
07_Daytona-2000.jpg
2bd615e648c30af6379c6e42adf5b125.jpg

The correct watch would be the one which you feel most comfortable with. Yes there are some fundamental guides to optimal watch sizes but I think that physical attributes aside, the choice of watches depends also on the attitude of the wearer.
No I am not advocating the fashion sense of flava flav but wear what you like and wear it proudly.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ceejay said:

I recently serviced this (gen) for a customer. It is women's 'mid' size at 36mm.

She is around 5' 2" and very petite, the watch looked perfect IMO. I wouldn't go for a Daytona like you have above, way too big.

36mm is a good, modern size women's watch ;)

IMG_5686_1.jpg

I agree! I think 36MM may be the way to go! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and show photos! :)

4 hours ago, QueTip said:

If you ask me, don't ask for others opinions but buy what ever watch you like and you can see yourself wearing! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know and have seen a LOT of women wearing regular sized watches such as Subs, GMTs, Daytonas and even APs! And let me tell you, on 9 out of 10 of these people these watches looked amazing on them. I have digged out a few pics for you to judge for yourself. :) 

V4aghBn.jpg

GBULvyx.jpg

Anyway, whatever you do, make sure to post it on here! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

See... this is why I am super attacked to that look! My wrist is 6.5" and just wonder if it would be dwarfed. I think I need to go to the Rolex store in Scottsdale to try some on. Great photos! Thanks for hunting them down for me!! Very thoughtful.

I will be sure to post which direction I go. By the way, I have a rep of the date adjust like the on I posted here...not great quality and runs fast too. I like it, just wish it was just a bit bigger. I am finding it feels a bit small on my wrist. I am not sure if it's 36MM....I will have to compare it to my Gen Michele, which is 39" 

I have an off topic question....

I just got the 1:1 Best Quality Rolex James Cameron Sea Dweller for my DH for Xmas from Puretime (I love them!) and had it sized at a local family owned jewelry store, but a pin fell out a day later. Is this normal and can I fix it myself with the right tools? It was perfectly fine until the jeweler touched it. Anyway...if I can fix it myself, which tool set would you recommend? I am a DIY kinda gal who loves to tinker with watches, jewelry and bags! 

Thanks for any advice!

ps. I have that exact leather jacket too! ;)

Edited by Girln2watches

2 hours ago, Legend said:

The correct watch would be the one which you feel most comfortable with. Yes there are some fundamental guides to optimal watch sizes but I think that physical attributes aside, the choice of watches depends also on the attitude of the wearer.
No I am not advocating the fashion sense of flava flav but wear what you like and wear it proudly.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

Lol Flava Flav! I do tend to push the edge a bit with fashion but typically won't go too far over the line. Maybe the answer is to have a couple different ones to choose from. I do have the same date adjust I posted but find it a tab small...but it is great for professional settings. The thing is it's not a high quality rep. It feels good on in terms of weight, but a couple details are wrong and it runs fast.

I dipped my toe into the rep watch world a couple years ago but only paid $160 for each of my reps from a local guy who has a hidden shop within his store. I have the date adjust, the presidential and a chanel j12. The presidential was for my DH but it's cheesy so he gave it to our daughter.  Oddly they've never stopped working and haven't fallen apart at all, but I rotate my watches almost daily. I just wish the finer details were correct.

10 minutes ago, Girln2watches said:

I dipped my toe into the rep watch world a couple years ago but only paid $160 for each of my reps from a local guy who has a hidden shop within his store. I have the date adjust, the presidential and a chanel j12. The presidential was for my DH but it's cheesy so he gave it to our daughter.  Oddly they've never stopped working and haven't fallen apart at all, but I rotate my watches almost daily. I just wish the finer details were correct.

The watch is called a DateJust (see dial). If yours says Date Adjust, then it is horribly broken.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, freddy333 said:

The watch is called a DateJust (see dial). If yours says Date Adjust, then it is horribly broken.

It's DateJust...my phone decides randomly to correct what doesn't need correcting.

2 hours ago, Girln2watches said:

It's DateJust...my phone decides randomly to correct what doesn't need correcting.

I feel your pain.. ducking autocorrect ?

On 12/27/2016 at 5:32 PM, freddy333 said:

LOL! ?

Edited by QueTip

...I keep giving mine to my kids

Hah, now I bet your phone's dictionary is perfectly happy with strange acronyms. Let's see if your autocorrect changes it to LOLex next time you type that famous watch name.

On 12/29/2016 at 5:07 PM, tomhorn said:

My wrist is 6.75" and I can comfortably wear anything up to a 44mm case size with ease. Don't be afraid of the modern (or for that matter the vintage) Daytona. I've seen many women wear them. I'd also look at the 40mm PAMs with the blue dial (like a 69 or 119).

So true.

Particularly the rosegold Daytonas seem to be preferred by female celebrities last couple of years. 

Actually I am very glad to see the that the separation between `mens` and `womans` watch vanished. I find it very attractive when a woman wears a mens watch.

Last time I saw a woman wearing a mens Cartier Louis Tank. Did look splendid on her!