When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My love affair with the 116500LN

Legend

Some of you may know I lived and breathed AP. I did. And I have no regrets about that part of my journey.

But under the influence of some friends@blackboxes@mike on a bike@nanuq, my love and appreciation for Rolex began and I suspect that it's the terminal stop in my search for the perfect watch.

I have always wanted a daytona with a ceramic bezel and when one became available, I took the plunge and snapped it up. Yes this is the less loved black variant but I find myself growing to love it the more I see it.

Guys, I present my 116500LN Daytona. To quote macdonalds, I'm lovin' it!

Resting in box

a77ada3d7c516799b257d9957efa7236.jpg

A slightly closer look

c432b3a03d7a7465c6bed36d0afb468c.jpg

On the wrist. So much details...

590b5d87a6a6901a904e702b1118a6e6.jpg

Resting next to his enraged brother.

da44382a34c4c6e9798675d66e1dfc49.jpg

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

Thanks guys. I really like the black on black. I do acknowledge that the watch is overpriced but heck love is irrational! ;)

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

On 27/12/2016 at 0:43 PM, astonjenks said:

Looks great Alvin!

I remember paying £7000 for a white faced Daytona a few years ago as a present for my Accountant!

AJ

Must be one hell of a accountant my friend :D 

The kind of accountant that deserves a Rolex from a customer is the one who can make 2+2 = 1 when it is the taxman's share and 7 when it is my share. There are accountants that can make that totally legal even though mathematically improbable. Just saying like :-)