When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolexaddict contact info?

Jack77

Question

9 answers to this question

Before you go any further and asking for this and that contact info here, it would help if you could make a proper introduction of yourself.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

I  totally agree. I do have all Rolexaddict's contact info including his postal address, but I don't feel comfortable giving anyone's contact details out to someone I don't know. If that seems harsh imagine how you would feel if it was your personal information I was giving away randomly.

• Like 1

I  totally agree. I do have all Rolexaddict's contact info including his postal address, but I don't feel comfortable giving anyone's contact details out to someone I don't know. If that seems harsh imagine how you would feel if it was your personal information I was giving away randomly.

The typical behavior of a forum noob:
Guy signs up for an account, does not bother to introduce himself, and then starts new threads asking questions and contacts and such in a self-entitled manner. He may get some reply after some time, and then what? He thanklessly disappears and starts dealing privately using the contacts and resources provided to him.

I am not against sharing of knowledge and resources, this is afterall a forum, but one should take time to integrate himself into the community and do his own research, and then ask the pertinent questions and eventually contribute meaningfully. Newbies who come and seek shortcuts entirely for their own benefit should be discouraged from doing so. Knowledge and resources both take time to be established and gathered. And experience can only be gained through personal involvement and effort and not gained vicariously through the forays of others.

Guys who sign on and ask questions in a self-entitled manner would not integrate well into the community and hence, not assets to the forum. Manners, humility and gratitude are important when you're new (and even if you're a veteran member) and if one lacks these qualities, then he should not expect reciprocal assistance.
We encourage meaningful integration, development and growth of members here, and hope that the forum can consequentially grow as a result of individual contributions.
We should protect our resources and share them when we inclined to do so, instead of when we are asked or demanded, especially by unknown newbies.
It can be argued with cogent logic that guys sign up here not to make friends, but to gain knowledge, resources and to trade watches for their own leisure and benefit. Nothing wrong of course, but newbies often overlook the fundamental but salient fact that OUR MEMBERS here, are our greatest resources and pride. That they are people, and to deal with people, you need to be equipped with a good set of people skills.
Before one even begins to learn who has the best subs, I think it's best that he learns politeness, respect, humility and gratitude.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1

Jack you can PM him here maybe you know him dealt w/ him before or not then he can decide if he does not know you to do some work for you. As stated above we are not giving personal contact info out to guys we do not know and do not bother to introduce themselves. Maybe your a known guy on another board with a lot of posts but I doubt it if you were you could get info there. If you are unknown (which seems evident)  PMing is the first step in the proper way to contact a modder.

Jack seems to have climbed the beanstalk all the way to the top and forgotten all about us.

• Like 1

Guys what is wrong with you? Forums are very new to me! I did not know that I need to introduce myself! You are all adults but act as children, cant you just guide me instead of throwing insults at me? I heard that rolexaddict is one of the best and therfore want to contact him! Is that so wrong? 

Here is my introduction

my name is Jack 37 years old from Norway, I am a watch enthusiast since many years and by the help of google I found this forum. I am interested in special builds and wish to get intouch with people that are experts in this area. Thank you for reading and I hope that you guys wont be as quick to judge me next time. And for the people that answered my question nicely: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Jack! Neighbour Swede here and long time member of this great forum, really hope you'll enjoy it here. Never mind that bumpy start - just get building and share! ;)

Some advice / options based on my experience:
1. Start out simple with the cartel version of the vintage Rolex you're after, eg a 5512 sub. If you like it, you can thereafter send it to a modder like RA or RJ for case work and also source gen/better aftermarket parts.
2. Be patient and browse around the sales section until your vintage piece comes up. You can also post a WTB thread.

What I'm saying is that it can be tricky and perilous to try and build that super high end top notch grail on your first try... Easy to make mistakes and miss what things go together etc and to get that oh so valueable network of friends that can help out. Just my 5 cents as they say.

• Like 1