When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Wristies thread

Legend

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, swdivad said:

My first genuine Rolex... I like the watch. I hate the stigma. It's a conflict.

One thing's for sure, I do like it on an MN strap. I think I'll try rubber

image.thumb.png.1c7ef66750c2ef3ec0eb23815aa9a5ac.png

image.thumb.png.a3a67ba966501b8fd1f5498396652717.png

Stigma? Wear it proudly.........I believe this is one of Rolex's finest designs. Great wrist presence, performance and classic Rolex look. Great at the beach or in the boardroom.

• Like 2

It’s only a conflict if you care what others think about you and how you live your life. Do YOU like it? Then what does it matter how the next guy feels about it?

“Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.”
-Will Rogers

I know you’re smarter than to fall for that B.S.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Nanuq said:

It’s only a conflict if you care what others think about you and how you live your life. Do YOU like it? Then what does it matter how the next guy feels about it?

“Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.”
-Will Rogers

I know you’re smarter than to fall for that B.S.

It's MY stigma that's the conflict really... I don't care what others think really, but I've had this funny feeling about Rolex being 'show-offy' by the masses for decades, and their marketing style, it just cemented that stigma in a bit better...

But I got it, to try again, and now I'm starting to like it. I've even got a RubberB coming in the mail... In the meantime, I just got another MN strap for it in the meantime!

94468068_1090314678010997_5718568905299984384_n.thumb.jpg.7679112a74f2f1e37732ee00b3ebd9a1.jpg

One thing's for sure, I do like it on an MN strap. I think I'll try rubber
image.thumb.png.1c7ef66750c2ef3ec0eb23815aa9a5ac.png
image.thumb.png.a3a67ba966501b8fd1f5498396652717.png

Congrats! Enjoy it. A nice thing too is that they sometimes appreciate in value. And, at the very least, they can always be resold and hold value. And in this day and age that isn’t a bad thing.

When we were going to get married my wife asked what gen watch I wanted. I said Tudor Heritage Black Bay. Value for dollar, ya know? She vetoed that and got me a GMT Master II. I’m always grateful she didn’t listen to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dinkis said:

Congrats! Enjoy it. A nice thing too is that they sometimes appreciate in value. And, at the very least, they can always be resold and hold value. And in this day and age that isn’t a bad thing.

When we were going to get married my wife asked what gen watch I wanted. I said Tudor Heritage Black Bay. Value for dollar, ya know? She vetoed that and got me a GMT Master II. I’m always grateful she didn’t listen to me lol emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... it's growing on me... Got a RubberB strap coming soon!

Excellent wife! Nice watch! Very lucky guy!