When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Australian based Trusted Dealers?

B19jack

Hey all,

ive been searching through this site but can't find any reference to any Australian based trusted dealers.

purchased my first rep through Alphabay about a year ago and pretty pleased until recently when it started to fall apart. Pearl fell out (replaced) - then the crown logo from the clasp fell off. Bezel now goes both ways and it's all starting to annoy me.

now looking for something of better quality and saw this site as a great place to start.

im looking for a James Cameron edition deepsea seasdweller (Rolex) and would love to be pointed in the right direction of either an Australian based dealer or someone who's has / does send to australia

chwers

all for your help

Almost all dealers are based in China as that is where almost all our watches are manufactured. I don't know specifically about shipping to Australia, but if you contact any of the trusted dealers I'm sure they would be able to advise you.

welcome to the forum and Happy New Year

Thank you for the advice.  I have stuff shipped here all the time and never found an issue.

Do you know if any of the TD's are a better option for a quality Rolex Deepsea seadweller (James Cameron) ? 

Im also keen to here from anyone who has purchased this watch and to hear their feedback.

thank you for the warm welcome and have a great day

cheers

B19Jack

First that is a great choice, it's a really well replicated watch. I have one I intend to franken a little when I retire, but to be honest, it's fine as it is. Just type Deepsea or 116660 in the search box and after an hour or two reading, you will know a great deal.

As to TD's I have bought from a good number of them now and have no complaints. They should all be able to get that watch quite easily. Price and service vary a little. I am told that eventually most people find one or two dealers they like and stick with them. 

As the guys have already said no dealers in Oz but shipping there from China etc is no issue and you'll find the trusted dealer section here really easy to find :) pick one of them you fancy and away you go, just try to keep your wallet closed for a while........if you can :inverted: 

Welcome to the mad house :partytime:

• Like 1

Thanks, guys,  really appreciate your time on this one.  Actually forgot to mention i purchased a navitimer about five years ago which stopped working after a few months.  Gutted as back then I paid about $800+ for it from a site I found online so not had the best of luck.  Knowing that most things are available if you look hard enough I decided to come here and I'm already glad I did.  

Hopefully this time around I don't purchase a problem and actually get some decent value for money.  On that note, is there a rough guide as to what I should be paying (or not paying more than)?

Thank you again guys.

If you have still got the Navitimer it could be repaired, probably at reasonable cost. 

There are reasonable reps from  about USD100 while Phong's top end stuff can get eye watering 7000 for a Daytona or up to 20000 for a vintage Patek in solid gold. Really only you can decide what you feel appropriate to spend on a rep or indeed any watch. A 116660 is probably going to be between about 290 to 500 depending on the exact specifications. I would strongly recommend you put the purchase back by a week or so and read up on the reps available, the different movements and what can and can not be done with each. Which one is best depends to a large extent on whether you want to wear it as is or look to improving it any way. I could write more, but all I know I learned on this forum and I would only be giving you a secondhand account of stuff you can read straight from the experts.