When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Making an accurate thin case Pointed Crown Guards 5513 Submariner with a Cartel case????

rolojack

On 1/3/2017 at 2:31 AM, rolojack said:

The trick is to sand down in dome. Not flat. Otherwise you'd cut out the rehaut for reaching the inside of the case on near 1/2 a mm. So, the bezel rteaining ring is modified too to fit on. I will make a picture of the process next time I do it.

Outstanding and intriguing work!
Pls, Tell us more... I'd love to hear about the process of thinning the upper part of the mid case. I'm assuming a lathe is needed?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Seconded. You might feel that it is your trade mark and you have every right to, but if you are happy to share more details, I would love to know the ins and outs

Some info available in there.. Although some pictures of the work process (tools) would be great! 

• Like 1

Guys, I feel bad here and I must explain myself: it's not that I don't want to share. As some of you might have guessed I'm very active in restauring genuine Rlx watches, and my clients know my workshop... I can't afford to mix both worlds as I'm pretty sure they won't accept that dark side of mine... And I don't know who's out here on the forum. Taking pictures of my highly recognizable equipment is something I can't do. I am sorry... And I hope you understand.

• Like 2

I understand perfectly it is something the Mods have talked about before. I'm sure all our members will understand as well, we are very happy that you share and give so much to our community. Also good to know about the genuine Rolex side to you, that information will be stored away for future use?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi there -

I am new on here and saw your post about the 5513 pointed crown guard mods. I recently bought a 5513 on RWI but I think the crown guard is wrong. Let me know what you think about the crown guard on my watch? Looking for skill modder like yourself to work on. Where are you located?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/franken-rolex-submariner-5513.10916980/

I swapped out the oyster bracelet came with the watch to a Gen Jubilee bracelet

Hope you hear back from you and advice. Thanks!

my5513.jpeg