When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I don't do datejust II BUT

mymanmatt

As you all know I don't do datejust II. However, I bought a cheap one from the sales section several months ago. I decided to make some changes, mainly a gen dial. I wanted to see what works and what doesn't. I bought a gen champagne dial and much to my surprise the feet fit the holes in the movement and lined up perfectly with date wheel. I have no idea which movement this is, it resembles the old dg movement. It is a slow beat. I used some hands I had in my box and they don't look to bad. I had to broach the hour hand and cut the end off a bit. The minute hand is pretty good, but the lume is slightly longer than the gen. Over all, I think it looks pretty good. I polished the bezel, even though I try to avoid that, and it looks really good. 1 question. Does anyone know what movement this is? 

datejust II.JPG

datejust II  1.JPG

datejust II  2.JPG

• Like 1

"Does anyone know what movement this is?"

Looks like a standard Seagull ST16 with a rlx type rotor and red top on the 'magic lever' wheel.  When clean and oiled they are rugged and hard to beat.  I have a couple made in their South Korea factory that seem to be a few steps above what comes in the average replicas we see.  The South Korea models are easy to spot because they have a finer overall finish and 'PUSAN CO SOUTH KOREA' stamped above '18 JEWELS UNADJUSTED AUTOMATIC' on the rotor.  My guess is yours has a spacer mounted outside of the main plate with 3035/3135 dial foot holes in it because the rotor OD is almost the same size as the movement OD on an unaltered movement.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this out of the box the other morning and the crystal had a crack. Have no idea why. Ordered a clark 25-315. Fits really good. It came with a 2.73mm gasket, which is the correct height. The mag is perfect and centered over the date.