When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 7 day Dial

apcollector

Hi guys,
Would you be able to tell me if the 5001 dial attached is genuine. The wording looks correct to me. Numbers looked aligned too. What do you guys think?

Cheers, 
AP
5001dial.jpg

It's difficult to tell at this angle. If you could show a picture at an oblique angle (to see how reflective the subdials are) and a picture of the back (gen dial feet are in different position than rep dial) then I could give you a more definitive answer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, diaby2afc said:

It's difficult to tell at this angle. If you could show a picture at an oblique angle (to see how reflective the subdials are) and a picture of the back (gen dial feet are in different position than rep dial) then I could give you a more definitive answer.

cheers for that. I'll request these and post them tomorrow. 

AP

heres a gen, your pic looks like the numbers on the dial are a little skinner and the second track doesnt look as bright white and thick, and the 10 looks completely different from your pic compared to the gen pic I have. Lets see the back and the side angle of the dial. I could be wrong but im thnking its a rep dial. Hpepfully im wrong.

http://assets2.lionseek.com/item/watches/medium_117009248-fs-iwc-portuguese-automatic-iw5001-09-seven-day-power-reserve-black-dial.jpg

Edited by ILoveWatches!

20 hours ago, apcollector said:

cheers for that. I'll request these and post them tomorrow. 

AP

here are three more attached pictures. I hope this helps in telling if its gen. I'm trying to compare it to this thread here (but finding it difficult):

Cheers, 

AP

thumbnail_IMG_1767.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1768.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1769.jpg

17 hours ago, ILoveWatches! said:

heres a gen, your pic looks like the numbers on the dial are a little skinner and the second track doesnt look as bright white and thick, and the 10 looks completely different from your pic compared to the gen pic I have. Lets see the back and the side angle of the dial. I could be wrong but im thnking its a rep dial. Hpepfully im wrong.

http://assets2.lionseek.com/item/watches/medium_117009248-fs-iwc-portuguese-automatic-iw5001-09-seven-day-power-reserve-black-dial.jpg

Thanks. Yes, i agree the 10 looks quite thicker in your picture, but i wonder if your picture is of the 5007 dial rather than the 5001 (mine). I've attached more pictures in my post above, i hope these help in deciding if its gen. 

Regards

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vingsam said:

Here is an OEM IWC 5001-04 dial
IWA13351_zps23xjfmjm.jpg

The location of "SWISS MADE" is different

Excellent spotting that. You are right, I had a feeling it wasn't gen, the overall quality of it didnt seem right. I now also noticed that the O and A in Automatic is slightly shifted to the right (the whole word is).

If you didnt move the feet around then im thinkng this could be a get. Everything is nicely done but the word Automatic seems like its done with a differnt paint when they applied it to the dial, it looks thicker im 70% thinking its gen and 300% rep. lol

Here's v1 rep dial with feet position different than your dial. Unless v2 and up have new movements requiring new feet positions, I'm inclined to say it's gen

da2ff79414989b51e47e291eebc13c04.jpg

• 1 month later...