When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Planet Ocean Chronograph replica

denea

I've recently fell in love with the Omega planet ocean chronograph, but sadly the genuine is way beyond the size of my wallet. I've lost the last 3 days searching for a perfect replica, but it seems like there isn't such a thing, it's either a faux chronograph or the lume is garbage or the dials have the wrong size. Maybe my searching skills are poor or I missed something, but does anyone own or have ever met a perfect replica to this watch, with fully working chronograph and which looks like the genuine one?
I've also read that the 7750 movement will fail if I use the chronograph option often... well is like 20 times a week often or where is the edge between often and not often for this movement ?

In case those are some noob questions, I'm sorry, but I'm still a noob and thanks in advance for help.
21530465103001-750.jpg

Listen People If you by a watch with a chronograph its ment to BE USED!!! Not just sit there becuse you think it will break the movement. Have the asain 7750 movement serviced and it will be as reilable or even better then some swiss 7750s. The asain 7750 serviced can have the chronograph running non stop without any problems. Thats what those movements are built for to time events. DONT BE SCARED TO USE THE CHRONOGRAPH!!!! Its there for a reason. I have a few asain chronograph 7750s and i serviced them and some arent serviced and i use the chronograph ALL the time and never have I had one problem. USE IT AND ENJOY!!!

Welcome. There is no such thing as a perfect replica. Because of the huge difference in price between a genuine and a replica there will always be compromises. If the problem is only the lume, then just budget to have it relumed. Yes I think using a chrono twenty times a week definitely comes under the category of often.

if you REALY need to use a chronograph that often, maybe buy something like a Seiko Quartz Chronograph for work days and a none chrono Planet Ocean replica for evenings and weekends

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Welcome. There is no such thing as a perfect replica. Because of the huge difference in price between a genuine and a replica there will always be compromises. If the problem is only the lume, then just budget to have it relumed. Yes I think using a chrono twenty times a week definitely comes under the category of often.

if you REALY need to use a chronograph that often, maybe buy something like a Seiko Quartz Chronograph for work days and a none chrono Planet Ocean replica for evenings and weekends

Ehm, what do you mean by budget to have it relumed? Do I buy the lume myself for this or do I initially ask the seller to upgrade the lume ?
Thanks.

The seller won't undertake this work. There are a number of replica watch fora, each with a slightly different flavour. This one has a strong focus on modification and improvement of standard offerings. Some mods are quite simple, some very involved and technical, it is a whole hobby on it's own and a bit of a rabbit hole to be honest.

So yes you could buy an inexpensive kit and teach yourself how to do lume work or you could contact one of our known modders and enquire about having them do it for you. For a start the latter  might be the best option. However if you have patience and steady hands, you could learn on some scrap dials out of any watch. I have patience but very shaky hands and couldn't paint a straight line down the road.

Edited by Sogeha