When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Camaro Movement ETA Substitute?

jbg44

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone will be kind enough to share some insight with me.

I've recently stumbled into the process of trying to build a franken Heuer Camaro, 3 register chronograph.

I already have gen: dial, case, pushers, crown, and xtal.

I've run into a bit of a wall on the movement, though.  (Some of you are probably smiling and nodding.)

The original 3 register Camaro was offered with an option of the Valjoux 72 or Valjoux 7736.  From my internet searches, these seem to be extremely pricey ($1000+).  Are there any comparable ETA's that will also do the job as an engine for the Camaro?  I'm indifferent as to whether it is manual wind or automatic.  And, I need it to be rock solid as far as the mechanical functioning.

This is the closest ETA that I've found, but I am not qualified to determine if I can actually make it work:  ETA 2892-A2.

Thanks for any and all help!

http://calibre11.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Camaro-7228S.jpg

I think the only correct spacing for the registers will be the Val 72 in this model and the eta 77xx might work but im not sure about the spacing. The Eta 2892-A2 DD Mod on it has the seconds running at 3 o'clock or 6 o'clock but im not sure they have it runing seconds at 9 for those eta's I could be wrong.

Best thing to do is take a look at one of the Heuer fourms that focus only on heures they might know. I forgot what the forum was called but its only for Heure watches.