When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacing dial on AP 15400 JF V2 with gen?

Revere

The dial on my 15400 V2 bugs me a bit. The 6" index is not straight and even after sending to a modder it didn't come back perfect.

I'd like to replace it with a gen dial and likely relume the hands to match. RO dials are pretty readily available here and there. Does anyone know:

1) Is the JF v2 gen-spec for the dial aperture?

2) If so, what size dial does the 15400 take? Can I replace the dial with a gen of the same size by trimming the dial feet and attaching it?

Thanks folks! I promise to share any knowledge that comes outta this.

I'm sure the Gen dial will fit as I've got one in mine bud :inverted:  JF 15400 the only thing is the date (on some days) is slightly misaligned to one side, I'm waiting to get bored with it then its off to the modders to sort it out.

As far as the fitment is concerned I'm not sure as I bought it already fitted but I can check for you if you wish just let me know...Gen dials are running about 1100 for the black atm I'm told ;)  

• Like 2

On 1/24/2017 at 3:27 PM, sgtguk said:

I'm sure the Gen dial will fit as I've got one in mine bud :inverted:  JF 15400 the only thing is the date (on some days) is slightly misaligned to one side, I'm waiting to get bored with it then its off to the modders to sort it out.

As far as the fitment is concerned I'm not sure as I bought it already fitted but I can check for you if you wish just let me know...Gen dials are running about 1100 for the black atm I'm told ;)  

If you would not mind checking the size of the dial, I would greatly appreciate it. There are a few diameters available and I would hate to buy an incorrect one.

Pics are always welcome too :) thank you!