When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Space-Dweller Variations

jmb

Yea I'm pretty sure they were all gloss and gilt dials as well. When I was building mine I did a lot of research and found a good website on it. Just cannot remember the site now lol but even the gen that came up for auction about 4 months ago had a gilt dial. 

I think this is why I love this dial so much more than the explorer dials. 

Hey, M, the 1016 master himself!  Really strange that all of the Space-Dwellers I've built for people have had matte dials and white markings.  I do seem to remember that the ingod was white with "SPACE-DWELLER" in a silverish color...

On 1/31/2017 at 7:27 PM, jmb said:

Hey, M, the 1016 master himself!  Really strange that all of the Space-Dwellers I've built for people have had matte dials and white markings.  I do seem to remember that the ingod was white with "SPACE-DWELLER" in a silverish color...

Yes, you remember correctly.  White text, silver "Space-Dweller" and just a gorgeous dial for the money.  Wrong, as it turns out, but gorgeous!  [Yes, I've still got that watch because I don't sell anything.]

Glad to see so many familiar faces are still around here!  Sorry for not checking in more often; it took someone PMing me about a 1016 build to finally log on.  Life has kept me busy, with less time and money for these projects.  It's not so much that I got poorer; it's these damn vintage Rolex prices that have gotten ridiculous!  I'm looking forward to see what's changed in the last 1-2 years, and what's stayed exactly the same.  I'm glad you've still got those Explorer cases for the people who need them!

23 hours ago, mcotter said:

Wait a minute....was that really Ihooq for real? If so are you still in Canada? I have missed your wisdom & thought you were onto other adventures....

my best, mcotter

Yes, still in Canada and I'm still getting compliments for your strap!  I'm still involved in watches, even though I haven't bought a new piece in years.  We should definitely meet up sometime.  I was thinking of heading down to Detroit for the auto show, but my schedule filled up.  

2 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Lhooq?  Welcome back... glad to see you lurking around again.  Stop by the champagne fountain and we'll have the dancing girls set you up, on the house.  :tu:

Champagne, I can skip, but I've always got time for the dancing girls!  Good to see that polar bear again!