When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Navy

naturopath

There's a few of these frankens out in the wild. I doubt anyone that owns it would be ready to sell though. It's an absolutely beautiful watch. 

In order to build one, as @Sogeha said, you need to invest quite a stash of money to get one done. 

You need to source a gen dial, preferably with gen tachy and hands but that should be pretty hard. 

Also need to have the complete donor case reworked, milled down, shaved etc. additional to that, you'll have to get a new movement. A LWO 283 (that's an ETA 2892-2 with the Dubois-Depraz module). 

You'll need a new DateWheel too, unless you can put up with the ETA one which would be incorrect for the model. 

There'd be plenty more to say but that's just a quick sum up. I hope I haven't destroyed it for you now and you're even more keen on building one after that.  :p 

• Like 1

@Daytona 1984 just posted a photo spread of his franken , right here on RWG!! About one or two threads below this one. It's a gorgeous watch, but as was said, these AP FRANKEN projects are not for the faint of heart!! Luck and a deep pocket of cash are very helpful as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1