When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Login as other members - reason for change of look

Admin

A repeating problem on the forum for a while has been that some members have experienced that they have been logged in as other members. I have been working on a fix and thought I had narrowed the problem down to the forum skin and skin files, but I am not certain that this is the problem.

But today the thing we have been worrying about happened: a member logged in and found himself logged in as an admin. Fortunately, he was honest about it (Thank you! You know who you are ;) )and I could log out all members, but this forced me to move to a "default" forum look to be able to confirm if this is a part of the problem or not.So if people could do me a small favour and log out and then back in again a couple of times and see what happens and report back here if they are logged into the right account all the time of if they are logged into someone elses account. If you (ever) are logged into another members account, please log out immediately and report this to me, either via e-mail or here. So please go ahead and test and report back, as I need to get this solved one and for all!

Thanks guys, but need more samples, so I'd appreciate it if as many different members as possible would try this.

@RickFlorida; there was a specific reason why members was unable to log in yesterday, as I was working on the software and logins was disabled. That being said; I am not aware of any other bugs, so please fill me in if you know any :)

All is well here too. But it took quite a while until I finally ended up in someone elses account. So I guess it might take days until we are finally sure.   

I logged out and back in directly and through a VPN on three different devices and 3 different browsers.

All is well, but with my new login I'm suddenly craving pickled herring.

What's up with that?

• Like 2

Hmm, are you certain it's related to an update/bug and not an exploit/hack gone wrong? I think something similar happened about a month ago on RWI (someone could log in as admin and/or give admin privileges).

Just surprised someone would target rep forums, so maybe there's a pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1