When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

any watch repairs in the UK

steelem

is there anyone in the UK who can look at an omega for me - something is looses at the back of the watch and is moving around, i also need the ceramic ring replacing at the front - i have the new part but no idea how the old comes off and how to put the new one on .. please let me know if you can help

• 1 year later...
On 03/02/2017 at 6:25 PM, SSTEEL said:

Hi there, I'm from the Uk, and now reside in Finland, EU, drop me a pm, and I will get you booked in.

Hello I just tried to message you but it said you couldn't accept the message. How can I get in touch with you as I need to service a replica noob sub? Cheers

52 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Sorry about that my messenger was full, I have now made some space, so please try again.

I want to be very clear about this @SSTEEL. The RWG crew does not endorse your services as a watchsmith. You are here as a member and if you choose to provide such services to members privately, and if said members choose to send their watches to you, it will be a private arrangement between you and the owner and the crew should not be involved for any aftersales troubleshooting like the case with @Jordanf1

I hope I make myself very clear on this, on what has been explicitly said, and what is tacitly implied. So yes, your skills and willingness are well appreciated here M, but I hope you can take more responsibility for your work when buyers have issues with them after you sent them back. 

And if I ever read or hear once more, that just because a watch you repaired has been opened up by another watchsmith, and therefore you cannot be responsible, or that you base your claim that a watch is working based only a pre-shipping QC video, then I will personally shut you down here. That is pure BS and not things a responsible watchsmith or modder should say. 

So do what you do, but know that when you collect money for your service, the community expects basic after-sale service. Don't make me go into details here please. I do not wish to escalate this further.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSTEEL said:

Noted A.

Thank you M. Please continue to share your resources with the community, and your skills and knowledge are appreciated here like I said.

But please improve on the communication and handling of after-service issues. That is one thing that stands between you being someone we endorse, and someone we won't. 

I will not stand in your way, but I do not want complaints to reach me please M. 

I want to be very clear about this [mention=50989]SSTEEL[/mention]. The RWG crew does not endorse your services as a watchsmith. You are here as a member and if you choose to provide such services to members privately, and if said members choose to send their watches to you, it will be a private arrangement between you and the owner and the crew should not be involved for any aftersales troubleshooting like the case with [mention=58977]Jordanf1[/mention]
I hope I make myself very clear on this, on what has been explicitly said, and what is tacitly implied. So yes, your skills and willingness are well appreciated here M, but I hope you can take more responsibility for your work when buyers have issues with them after you sent them back. 
And if I ever read or hear once more, that just because a watch you repaired has been opened up by another watchsmith, and therefore you cannot be responsible, or that you base your claim that a watch is working based only a pre-shipping QC video, then I will personally shut you down here. That is pure BS and not things a responsible watchsmith or modder should say. 
So do what you do, but know that when you collect money for your service, the community expects basic after-sale service. Don't make me go into details here please. I do not wish to escalate this further.  

Couldn’t agree more Alvin , M sorted partial service as you know and even though it had to be entirely redone and rebuilt y another watchsmith it was a painful process to deal with and great expense to me.

I think SSteel needs to be far more better and communications and not just say bad luck it left perfect via QC video as that was proven as rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 5:19 AM, Legend said:

I want to be very clear about this @SSTEEL. The RWG crew does not endorse your services as a watchsmith. You are here as a member and if you choose to provide such services to members privately, and if said members choose to send their watches to you, it will be a private arrangement between you and the owner and the crew should not be involved for any aftersales troubleshooting like the case with @Jordanf1

Up to his old tricks again then? 

On 14/02/2018 at 6:09 AM, SSTEEL said:

I hear you loud and clear A, I will improve the way I handle after services my end from now on.

:facepalm: 

Edited by pick_br

On 14/02/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jordanf1 said:

Couldn’t agree more Alvin , M sorted partial service as you know and even though it had to be entirely redone and rebuilt y another watchsmith it was a painful process to deal with and great expense to me.

I think SSteel needs to be far more better and communications and not just say bad luck it left perfect via QC video as that was proven as rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s important that all feedback, good and bad, is openly shared. The trouble with allowing back door modders imho is that the feedback is hidden until the wheel comes off. Something very similar is happening at RWI with a modder washing his hands of any responsibility as soon as a watch left him. That one went missing, but still a solid reminder to be very careful who you send your stuff to and to stick with the vetted, trusted dealers. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pick_br said:

Up to his old tricks again then? 

:facepalm: 

He had a way of working and it didn’t match our requirements so he has now agreed to do as we asked. All done and dusted. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kernow said:

He had a way of working and it didn’t match our requirements so he has now agreed to do as we asked. All done and dusted. 

I agree. 

I think that whatever happened in the past, is something we all can take reference from, but I do think that @SSTEELis consciously trying to put in effort to improve the experience of members who use him for service and repairs. He may have made mistakes before, but so have every single one of us. The important thing is that he seems to be learning to be better and that is worth more to us (and the members he will deal with) than his past weaknesses. 

SSteel is an asset to the community, knowledge and skills wise. No mistake about that. The only thing I picked on was his sense of responsibility after the watch service/repair was completed, and I think that he understands well, and is working on it. Let's give him the chance to do so. 

If we keep condemning someone, I doubt that it can instill the desired values and behavior or response from him. I stand by what I said about SSTeel then, and I stand by what I am saying about him now. Let us not make someone pay for the same mistake over and over, unless he chooses to make it over and over. 

• Like 2