When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rolex rep 2017?

Jack77

Question

12 answers to this question

You are unlikely to get a sensible answer, because unfortunately there isn't really a definitive answer. There are some decent reps of six digit Rolex models and the TC sub and Yachtmaster for the older models. The BP 166600 is very reasonable. In the end so much is subjective and depends on the individuals taste and budget.

Head over to the Rolex forum and do some reading. You are spending your money, so the only important opinion is your own.

• Like 4

All TD's can get the same reps, both good ones and bad ones.

Whilst we all want the unicorn 1:1 AAA+ rep, sadly it does not exist.Period.

Now there are some builders like TC and BK who build subs for example that are very very close to to 1:1. However these will use an ETA style (copy) movement so once the back is popped off: game over. 

Noob make some nice ceramic subs that will fool all but a real buff. You pays your money and takes your choice!

as the above have said, there are various flaws you'll have to live with. The next thing is, everybody has their own pet peeves when it comes to flaws/details - and know that 99.999% of the population will have no clue what rehault, crystal height, SEL-Fit, CG, and the like mean :D

my personal pet peeve: bad SEL fitment, badly shaped CG's

do not care: crystal height above bezel, inlay font for 5-digit references

you see, people (including myself) start nitpicking and obsessing over details that "a normal person" will never notice.

Currently I'm really enjoying my new GMT-IIc with correct hand stack, incredibly well built, new PVD/DLC bezel coating like the gen - but it's off. Compared it to a gen 116710 and the font is way too dark in low light. Only option? Gen bezel going from 350-600... hope this provided a little insight

If you can live with minor flaws that the "general population" will never notice, buy a noob ceramic rollie. if you want to go further, there are (as stated above) builders like BK and TC who tweak current models or build quite gen-like watches (even these won't be perfect).

And of course there are frankens, you can spend an easy 5 grand on a rolex made from 80-90% original parts including the movement. Is that worth it? Thats for the individual to decide ;)

• Like 1

Hello, can anyone please tell me the closest rep to gen Rolex in 2017? Who makes them? Who sells them and what model?
first come back and say which Rolex you want and how much money you want to stay around.theres so many different Rolex and so much to say about each one and your question broad open it could be pages long.In other words study a bit like everybody did and you'll get a better answer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hello I am looking to get a black submariner. Wondering about noob vs bp? I forget the numbers but 2586? VS the cloned 3135? Does it really matter unless you open it? Also, seams like some sites sell the noob v7 for example for about $300 or so while some sites can get more expensive. Stating swiss movements. Is it worth it or just hype?

Thanks

Don't bother with a 'Swiss movement' - most are old, dirty and cobbled together. Instead get a new Asian ETA copy - these are good to go and cheaper too. 

On 4/24/2017 at 7:29 PM, Tonep said:

Hello I am looking to get a black submariner. Wondering about noob vs bp? I forget the numbers but 2586? VS the cloned 3135? Does it really matter unless you open it? Also, seams like some sites sell the noob v7 for example for about $300 or so while some sites can get more expensive. Stating swiss movements. Is it worth it or just hype?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the bezel click sounds and overall feel is different between the Noob 2836 and 3135 V7's. I saw a video that seems to indicate that the different movements somehow affects the bezel feel & sound. But it isn't explained beyond that. Both watches spec out as identical to the gen and parts can even be swapped. So I'm not sure why the movement affects the bezel. I'm buying one now (already paid) but can upgrade to the 3135 if there is a difference with the bezel. Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

Edited by EMC2

10 minutes ago, sgtguk said:

Unlikely to be any different imo and tbh thats probably the least thing I'd be worrying about ;) the sound of the bezel will change with age anyway bud 

Okay thanks. I went with the 2836. I read it's more reliable than the newer movement. I read the 3135 has a long stem issue on the crown that can damage the movement. Both are supposed to have the same specs and be the best Sub rep available. I trust my dealer because I'm VERY happy with the Cartier Calibre I got from him. 

23 minutes ago, sgtguk said:

Unlikely to be any different imo and tbh thats probably the least thing I'd be worrying about ;) the sound of the bezel will change with age anyway bud 

This video is the reason I questioned it in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 10:09 AM, movingshadow said:

as the above have said, there are various flaws you'll have to live with. The next thing is, everybody has their own pet peeves when it comes to flaws/details - and know that 99.999% of the population will have no clue what rehault, crystal height, SEL-Fit, CG, and the like mean :D

my personal pet peeve: bad SEL fitment, badly shaped CG's

do not care: crystal height above bezel, inlay font for 5-digit references

you see, people (including myself) start nitpicking and obsessing over details that "a normal person" will never notice.

Currently I'm really enjoying my new GMT-IIc with correct hand stack, incredibly well built, new PVD/DLC bezel coating like the gen - but it's off. Compared it to a gen 116710 and the font is way too dark in low light. Only option? Gen bezel going from 350-600... hope this provided a little insight

If you can live with minor flaws that the "general population" will never notice, buy a noob ceramic rollie. if you want to go further, there are (as stated above) builders like BK and TC who tweak current models or build quite gen-like watches (even these won't be perfect).

And of course there are frankens, you can spend an easy 5 grand on a rolex made from 80-90% original parts including the movement. Is that worth it? Thats for the individual to decide ;)

I have a question. I've been reading a ton about reps and the factories and the different ways they work to make a rep as close to gen as possible. The modern process has evolved to where reps from the top factories look & feel amazing and can be just about indistinguishable from the gens without opening it up. So the question is why do even the best reps have minor flaws that can be an easy telltale sign that it's a rep? For example, on the Noob Sub V7, the engraving on the rehaut on a gen has the engraved crown perfectly aligned with the 12 o'clock marker and with the center of the crown on the dial. However, even the V7 doesn't always have the etched crown in the correct alignment and is just as likely to be slightly off as it is centered. There are other similar details that can be off as well. If they are spending so much time and money to make these reps more perfect why do some cosmetic and seemingly easy things end up a little off? I would think cosmetic things like that and typeface spacing/alignment/print quality would be among the easiest things to make perfect. When everything else has been painstakingly made gen like, why allow things like that to pass?

It's like you made a perfect fake Rolls Royce in every way but screw up the hood ornament so everyone knows it's fake. I don't understand that. You made a whole car! The hood ornament should be the easy part.