When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replace bazel on PO Chronograph 45.5 mm

denea

So I've recently ordered a Planet Ocean Chronograph and since it's my first order I already made a dumb mistake. I didn't pay enough attention to the bezel on QC pics and after the watch was sent I noticed the dot at 12 o'clock is positioned badly:

33c79a3c5feb4d80afb5368e7972ba40.png

Since I guess it's my mistake for not paying attention to this, I would have to correct it myself, by ordering a new bezel.
But Omega has now better looking, ceramic bezels, and I though if I can use the bezel from another model:
1a1ed555b49543e497eeb25cdc2a5189.png

So since both models are stated as 45.5 mm wide, can I use the ceramic bezel on my (has yet to come) Planet Ocean Chronograph?
And if yes, where could I order solely the bezel?

Thanks in advance, Dennis.

The ceramic insert may or may not fit. Even if it is interchangeable on gen models these are reps and nothing is certain in the rep world. 

The easiest way is to ask your TD to source a second bezel insert for the watch you've bought. At least that way it will be period correct. Alternatively, Ebay is a good place for bezel inserts. 

6 hours ago, kernow said:

The ceramic insert may or may not fit. Even if it is interchangeable on gen models these are reps and nothing is certain in the rep world. 

The easiest way is to ask your TD to source a second bezel insert for the watch you've bought. At least that way it will be period correct. Alternatively, Ebay is a good place for bezel inserts. 

The problem is that like a lot more the ceramic bezel :(
Can the Dealer check if those bezels are interchangeable?
Or are there any parts dealers here that can give me some information or even the parts? because I didn't see any of these here (maybe I just didn't search enough).

Thanks.

The dealer won't check. 

When you receive the watch you can (carefully!) remove the insert and measure it. Then search eBay etc for a ceramic one in the same size. 

Your watch will no longer be close to gen spec though if you have a ceramic insert in an older style watch. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, fraggle42 said:

You do know the bezel rotates, right?

Looks like it's half a click out to me.

I do, came to the conclusion that it's better (and cheaper) to get only the bezel insert ... then learn a new skill, replace bezel inserts without breaking the watch :)

Just now, denea said:

I do, came to the conclusion that it's better (and cheaper) to get only the bezel insert ... then learn a new skill, replace bezel inserts without breaking the watch :)

I gather on one click it's just off to one side, and the next click is just off to the other side?

I'd get in touch with the TD, you've got nothing to lose and they are normally amenable to sorting out problems like this, and may send you a new rep bezel you can put in.

Gen bezel inserts are not cheap :(