When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Welcome back - New look and new toys!

Admin

Welcome back - New look and new toys!

Hiiiiii

Soooo glad to see you again. It's been so lonely in here while working on all the new exiting stuff that is now ready for you. REALLY hope you like all of this ;)

First of all, I hope you like the new design. Not going to say to much about it, other than give it a day or two before you start complaining. And if you decide to come back here to complain in a day or two; don't bother. We are keeping it ;)

Now, let's get started on some of the stuff that has changed and let me introduce to you one of the biggest news; RWG Classifieds. Hurry, go there now and post an ad or just take a look; https://rwg.cc/classifieds/

The trade forums are some of the most popular forums on RWG and we will now move all of this into our very own classifieds section. Please let me know what you think about this!!

For the first week, all users will be able to post as many ads as they want for FREE. This way, you can all get your ads up and running in no time. And because the sales forums are gone, you will have to post all of your items for sale again. Sorry about this, but there is no other good way of doing this. Now, since this is free for one week, I'm sure you understand that when one week has passed, you will all have to start paying to post ads here. And when I say all, I mean all members. VIPs, Platinums, etc. The free sales ads are no longer included in any of the upgrade memberships, The reason for this is simple; I have done a major cleanup in the VIP/Platinum members and removed all members that were non paying members. The sad fact is that we now only have 94 VIP members. The system has deleted almost 200 members that still were VIP members, but were no longer paying. There could be many reason why these members were still VIPS, but not paying, as we have changed the upgrade systems so many times and some members have gotten their accounts upgraded for one or another reason, but 94 paying members out of almost 70.000 members is NOT good enough. I'm still paying server bills out of my own pocket and by paying for ads posted, we are getting a little bit more funds in to cover our costs. The ads won't be expensive and it should be easy for sellers to add the cost of the ad on top of the watch or spilt it with a potential buyer. So I sincerely hope that if you are enjoying your stay here, you use our store to upgrade your membership; https://rwg.cc/store. For a limited time, we are now offering a 50% discount on all memberships. Just use the coupon code 615F5 during checkout!

And speaking of checkout. We are once again able to offer payments via Paypal. Stripe.com is the preferred payment gateway, but Paypal available as a second option. We have a bad track record using PP, so hopefully it will stay available ;) And remember; NEVEr open PP disputes without having been in touch with me first when it comes to upgrades you have bought or ads you have paid for!

Ok, what else; You are now able to log in using several options, including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. You can link accounts in your account settings; https://rwg.cc/settings/

We are now offering two factor authentication. This is to bump up the security on all accounts here even further. This is optional, but if you decide to use it you can use both Google Authenticator or security questions. You can set it up here: https://rwg.cc/settings/account-security/

On top of this, all traffic to and from RWG is encrypted and running on https://

Links directory is also back, so feel free to start and populate this with links and let me know if we need more/other categories; https://rwg.cc/links/

You will also notice that we have slimmed down the forums a bit. Some forums are gone, others are merged. I think the forum was too long, so this is the reason for this. Another thing you will notice is that some dealers are missing. This is most likely only temporarily, as all sellers on RWG are required to pay a fee. I will be reaching out to all sellers on RWG shortly to get all sections up and running again and have a chat with all the members who have their own sections here at RWG how they can contribute and support our community. Also, we are now accepting new dealers, so feel free to let your favourite dealer know that we have spots available if they are interested in joining one of the biggest forums online.

Hmm...I'm sure I have forgotten something, but I'm going to put the forum back online now and get back to any other news I might have forgotten later on :)

Enjoy and as always; I appreciate all feedback, both good and bad. Especially the bad, as I have a brand new BAN-button ;)

PS: Crew members - The re-opening party with the supermodel striptease in the "Champagne and caviar room" is slightly delayed. We have to find KB's left nut before we can start ;)

• Like 3

Looks fantastic now and I'm having a nose around now, only thing I've noticed so far is that my message box is 455% full so I can't send or receive msgs!

Could one of the loverly Mods please help me ;) and I'm also now demoted to 'just' a member instead  :huh: 

Edited by sgtguk

Excellent work and already like the design. Thanks for all the effort and input to make this such a valuable and great community. Only one change from my side, please allow to choose the currency when drafting a sale. Would certainly be helpful for all the EU members for instance. Cheers

27 minutes ago, themannier said:

Not sure if i have well understood how the sale section works :g:...

Easy peasy! Click here: https://Rwg.cc/classifieds

1. Click the "Submit advert" button

2017-02-08_23-10-33.jpg

2. Select category for your ad

2017-02-08_23-10-58.jpg

Create the ad (Should be fairly easy to understand the rest of the form ;))

2 minutes ago, sputim said:

Excellent work and already like the design. Thanks for all the effort and input to make this such a valuable and great community. Only one change from my side, please allow to choose the currency when drafting a sale. Would certainly be helpful for all the EU members for instance. Cheers

I'll look into it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeyB said:

Just paid my VIP dues, didn't know if it had run out or not. If so, I didn't get a reminder. Will we get something in the future? 

Thanks a bunch! Highly appreciated. Something strange must have happened, because over 100 VIP members were downgraded because of missing payments.

Get something in the future? Nobody knows the future, JoeyB ;) But kidding aside; what do you mean? Future reminders?

The new look is interesting but I also am getting the following message:

Your message box is full. You will not be able to receive new messages until you delete some.

4 minutes ago, jmb said:

The new look is interesting but I also am getting the following message:

Your message box is full. You will not be able to receive new messages until you delete some.

As part of the upgrade, All VIP accounts has been checked by an automated script. If there were no active payment plans/payments connected to the accounts, they were downgraded and you would have to upgrade again. That being said; the script can have done a mistake, as we've had so many different systems over the years. So please check your purchases here: https://rwg.cc/clients/purchases

and see if you have any purchases. If not, can you remember if you have upgraded/paid lately for an upgrade? And if neither is the case, you can upgrade your account again here: https://rwg.cc/store/category/1-account-upgrade/

If you have payment details for your last payment, PM it to me and I will look into this asap

I appreciate that! There might have been something wrong with the reminders that has gone out and or the autorenewal settings that have cause this. Either that or it's basically because we moved from one system to another and the renewals "went away" ;)

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Thanks a bunch! Highly appreciated. Something strange must have happened, because over 100 VIP members were downgraded because of missing payments.

Get something in the future? Nobody knows the future, JoeyB ;) But kidding aside; what do you mean? Future reminders?

Yep, future reminders would be helpful. My nurse can tell me when to pay while feeding me my tapioca. Us old folks need all the help we can get!:wheelchair:

2 minutes ago, JoeyB said:

Yep, future reminders would be helpful. My nurse can tell me when to pay while feeding me my tapioca. Us old folks need all the help we can get!:wheelchair:

Well, as long as you have a valid card on account, the payments will be take automagically until cancelled. A new invoice for the renewal will be issued a couple of days before the automatic payment is due and you can then cancel the upgrade if you wish. If you don't cancel, the invoice will be paid automatically.

1 hour ago, martijnp said:

Thanks boss! 

The Classifieds boards is a great idea too. I couldn't find what it cost to post an add in there? :)

Free of charge, until further notice :tu:

18 minutes ago, Whatever123 said:

Looking good! And charging for sales is exactly the right way imo... :thumbs:

:D

1 hour ago, louky said:

Hello,

new look is nice , had lost my vip account status though and had to re-order it!

To be honest i dont like the new classified section,preferred the old way .

Were all the previous adds erased ?i only see a 1-2 watch sales.

All VIP memberships that had no active payments were automatically downgraded. But we have used so many systems over time that if you know that you had an active, paid service, feel free to PM me and we'll get it sorted out.

Hopefully the new classifieds section will be great when it's up and running 100%,  with a bunch of stuff posted for sale. Hopefully it will grow on you and all the members here ;)

And all the current ads will be coming back later today. Just waiting for time to do the necessary adjustments to close the forum properly so that all new ads are posted in the classifieds area...