When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from North Idaho

Greetings from North Idaho

Hello all, glad to be here. I'm new to the homage world and to collecting time pieces. Followed a link from Trusty Times website here and it looks like a good group of guys. Made my first order already from Andrew at Trusty so we will see how that go's but everything has so far been great.

Im 47 and semi retired now, love living up here in the north. I have 1 boy whos 13 and a beautiful wife. My boy loves watches as well and has a collection of his own. I'm into old cars, firearms, shooting competitions, and computer gaming and last but not least hunting. 

If asked why I like homage or replica watches I'd have to say that I lead an active life and have for quite some time been a part of a daily routine that's not healthy for watchs. So I've learned to limit what I spend on them because they might now live to long. That being said I like nice watchs so I'm stuck in a bit of a pickle and replica watchs fill the bill nicely along with average run of the mill mid priced watches. 

I have much much to learn so I'm hoping I can gain quite a bit of knowledge on this board and make a few friends as well. Being up here in North Idaho is amazing but there's not a lot of watch geeks around in a town of 20 thousand people. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning about watches while having some fun. I'm a bit of a smart ass but it's always meant in good fun and I apologize in advance for being "that guy".

Joe

Hey Joe (hat tip to Jimi Hendrix) welcome aboard! We need all the smart ass we can get here. :tu:

Soooooooo north Idaho? You should go by Lake Pend O'Reille and get my canoe. I left a real nice Grumman at my old girlfriend's cabin.

This place is all about sharing knowledge. They say a rising tide lifts all boats, so we're pretty open about builds or some new thing we learned. There are also a ton of old articles that cover almost anything you'd like to know. But I'm sure some are obsolete by now so feel free to chime in.

Welcome aboard!

Yeah we have some smart asses here already Joe so I'm sure you'll be well received bud always good to see new faces here and the knowledge base in the forum is fantastic along with the fact we have the friendliest repwatch forum on the planet too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...