When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

security issues

mymanmatt

My computer continues to have login problems. It says this site does not operate securely. It ask if I want to continue anyway. I'm here, so I clicked yes. Does admin have any suggestions on how to clear that warning from coming up each time? Thanks

I'm not an admin here, but it sounds like your browser is the problem.  What browser are you running?  I'm personally not having any issues with the RWG SSL Certificate, it authenticates fine using Firefox v51. 

Are you by any chance still running Windows XP or some other outdated Operating System?  I've you are, then you are incapable of running the latest version of Chrome or Firefox and this could potentially explain the Security Certificate issue.

Matt,

I'm running WIN 10 and the latest version of Internet Explorer, I haven't had any problems at all. It well could be your browser. My wife clung to XP for as long as she could and finally relented and upgraded to a new computer with WIN 10. She was having the same problems on some websites, mainly because Google Chrome and IE were older versions, and she couldn't update them. Hope you get it worked out as those sorts of things are a real PITA. 

Well, the quickest way to rule out a browser version issue is to determine what version of Google Chrome you are in-fact running.  Here is a screenshot on how to do that:

The latest version of Google Chrome for PC and Mac is version: 56.  If you're running Windows XP or an older version of Mac OSX, then you will be limited to version: 50.  And that would potentially explain the problem.

Hope this helps.

Chrome-version.jpg

2 hours ago, mymanmatt said:

I'm guessing it is my operating system. I did a complete restore, reloaded google, same thing. It seems that this is the only site I can't get on.   HMMM

But you ARE on here ;) Seriously, can you take a screenshot of any error messages or post the text of the error messages here?

There have been 1 or 2 times that an insecure image has been loaded from a third-party site that does not run https and that wil cause a waning, but those you can ignore if that's whats going on. But give us some screenshots or text of the error message and we shou,d be able to help ;)