When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

three kings -- the current rolex collection

ant1

photoshoot time

been mostly off the forums for a second, life has gotten busy, but had some time to snap some pics of most recent acquisitions

i had sold everything off during the summer, slowly gathering some pieces, trying not to hoard, but y'all know how that goes.

all love, hate, criticism, corrections are welcome.

the 16800 is my baby

she was just finished in the fall, and she is the culmination of about 2 years of parts gathering 

all in all cost me about half the price of the gen but getting to pick the parts piece by piece and to my wishes is priceless

all the credit goes to @dbane883 and @misiekped. those dudes are awesome, none of us know how lucky we really are to have them.

old TC case with chamfers, lug holes, and casework per the master dbane

gen bezel assembly

unknown crystal

gen matte dial

gen hands

gen insert

gen open 6/9 datewheel

gen crown and tube

yuki 3135 serviced and upgraded with miskipied's magic

need to get NZ to do some engravings and i may call her done. want an alternative dark blue/grey faded insert as well but haven't found the perfect one yet.

the 6542 is a @Dlf build and is just breathtaking in person. that dudes work is absolutely insane, he is about as nice as his work is incredible, and he is really pushing the levels with his laser welding. 

the seadweller is the one i won on the raffle here but in august. i never win anything. contribute guys, it pays off :)

without further ado....

the three kings

aqT9FF0.jpg

KmQDWMU.jpg

zDrpwRT.jpg

1QKzRun.jpg

odygp4A.jpg

6uv829a.jpg

6uv829a.jpg

k00CPHr.jpg

eJJXtcB.jpg

hmGzfUA.jpg

KWS39I0.jpg

St8GTQN.jpg

1mWvfGH.jpg

MZYP0gg.jpg

oAVehFY.jpg

uO306l4.jpg

the 6542

ja60Xqy.jpg

NgDMODU.jpg

dFUPEcx.jpg

IdU5roT.jpg

g1huEh3.jpg

yuAXhqW.jpg

uapzjQp.jpg

A0w8RWU.jpg

ciskWUO.jpg

8iDJPuN.jpg

sRAQ8f3.jpg

jrSQdfL.jpg

LENQRW5.jpg

i70Pwj6.jpg

the sea dweller

SaYIiYm.jpg

smiJXoW.jpg

fhOwrBo.jpg

5HoGCiF.jpg

ifllFAv.jpg

y5aZq1r.jpg

19JCpVU.jpg

7S28x7r.jpg

huuvPHN.jpg

• Like 2

"Where did you find an open 6/9 for a 3135? I searched for a year and couldn't find one."

My 'original' L457xxx 16233 3135 DJ has open 6 and 9 so many of the older models probably had them. 

'original' = never cleaned/oiled since new 1989/1990, still runs Ok.  Not worn since January 2008. 

Q...Why not?  

A...It's a tutone!   :pimp:

1 hour ago, automatico said:

"Where did you find an open 6/9 for a 3135? I searched for a year and couldn't find one."

My 'original' L457xxx 16233 3135 DJ has open 6 and 9 so many of the older models probably had them. 

'original' = never cleaned/oiled since new 1989/1990, still runs Ok.  Not worn since January 2008. 

Q...Why not?  

A...It's a tutone!   :pimp:

I didn't have any issues finding gold or cream colored ones. It was the "sport" white that was hard to find. You're right about the timeline. From what I've seen they did it for a year or two. They're out there, just tough to find. 

On 2/14/2017 at 6:50 PM, jigelow said:

Gorgeous. Where did you find an open 6/9 for a 3135? I searched for a year and couldn't find one. 

it was the hardest part of the build to source, my understanding is that the window for the open with the 3135 as opposed to the 3035 was just very small and limited. i got it from a guy off one of the gen forums, he had snatched it in a part out from either a 16234 or 15200, he said he couldnt recall exactly. i paid nearly an arm and a leg for it but I'm very happy with it

On 2/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, RickFlorida said:

Nice.   What camera did you use?   Nice macro photos.

thanks dude. i love taking the macro shots if nothing more I'm always amazed what i find in them that i missed from afar with the naked eye.

nothing fancy, just an iphone6 and an olloclip. 

21 hours ago, QueTip said:

Wowzer. Great collection you have there. I'm digging the 16800. Makes me miss my old build. 

thanks man, they are all 100% a credit to the awesome guys around here, an amazing group of gentlemen and artists

and i was hesitant about the 16800 build at points, but just something about the sapphire with the matte that is tough to beat. the most under appreciated sub IMO.

7 hours ago, JSebWC said:

AHhhhhh   so this is who DLF's 6542 went to!!   I almost had that watch!!   It looks great in your collection!!

cheers mate! I'm telling you, thats the second watch I've had from DLF's bench and both were just fantastic. 

• Like 1

here are the specs for the other two as i have had some requests:

PT case re-welded to make the lug holes in a better place to allow for fat chamfers, rehaut taken back so no wOKKy wok wok.
Phong bezel
Gen 116 nos
Gen crown &tube
Tonny gilt dial
Tonny insert
Mix of hands
Hangzou gmt with modded secs hand to fit pinion
Datewheel wso

SSD

SSD case and bracelet with beautiful drilled lug holes vintaged look

Gen dial with vintage tritium

Gen insert with vintage tritium beautifully faded

Gen 702 crown

Swiss 2836-2

Hands are a mix

• 1 year later...
photoshoot time
been mostly off the forums for a second, life has gotten busy, but had some time to snap some pics of most recent acquisitions
i had sold everything off during the summer, slowly gathering some pieces, trying not to hoard, but y'all know how that goes.
all love, hate, criticism, corrections are welcome.

the 16800 is my baby
she was just finished in the fall, and she is the culmination of about 2 years of parts gathering 
all in all cost me about half the price of the gen but getting to pick the parts piece by piece and to my wishes is priceless
all the credit goes to [mention=48564]dbane883[/mention] and [mention=4649]misiekped[/mention]. those dudes are awesome, none of us know how lucky we really are to have them.
old TC case with chamfers, lug holes, and casework per the master dbane
gen bezel assembly
unknown crystal
gen matte dial
gen hands
gen insert
gen open 6/9 datewheel
gen crown and tube
yuki 3135 serviced and upgraded with miskipied's magic
need to get NZ to do some engravings and i may call her done. want an alternative dark blue/grey faded insert as well but haven't found the perfect one yet.

the 6542 is a [mention=47967]Dlf[/mention] build and is just breathtaking in person. that dudes work is absolutely insane, he is about as nice as his work is incredible, and he is really pushing the levels with his laser welding. 

the seadweller is the one i won on the raffle here but in august. i never win anything. contribute guys, it pays off

without further ado....

the three kings

aqT9FF0.jpg

KmQDWMU.jpg

zDrpwRT.jpg

1QKzRun.jpg

odygp4A.jpg

6uv829a.jpg

6uv829a.jpg

k00CPHr.jpg

eJJXtcB.jpg

hmGzfUA.jpg