When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Educate me on Western Union

jigelow

I'm trying to send money to MQ, but never done WU before. I have name and an ID number that's been provided. However, WU only has an option of name only for pickup at office or name and bank info for direct to account. 

Admittedly the language barrier has been a bit difficult. 

Anyone send money before that can let me know how I'm supposed to do it?

I'm trying to send money to MQ, but never done WU before. I have name and an ID number that's been provided. However, WU only has an option of name only for pickup at office or name and bank info for direct to account. 

Admittedly the language barrier has been a bit difficult. 

Anyone send money before that can let me know how I'm supposed to do it?

Just use the online, all you need is the First Last name.

Always send in USD. Don't do conversions.

Use debit card option. It transfers immediately, there Is a fee for it, but whatever.

I use WU exclusively with TDs, never had an issues, 50+ transactions.

Worst case scenario, WU calls YOU just to confirm that you are indeed authorizing the transaction. But they'll only call once for new accounts(if they call at all) and that's it.

All TD needs is the MTCN number and their ID to pick up the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, liamerai91 said:

Just use the online, all you need is the First Last name.

Always send in USD. Don't do conversions.

Use debit card option. It transfers immediately, there Is a fee for it, but whatever.

I use WU exclusively with TDs, never had an issues, 50+ transactions.

Worst case scenario, WU calls YOU just to confirm that you are indeed authorizing the transaction. But they'll only call once for new accounts(if they call at all) and that's it.

All TD needs is the MTCN number and their ID to pick up the money.

Ah, nice! So just tell it I'm sending the funds to the US and then give MQ the MTCN number?

Ah, nice! So just tell it I'm sending the funds to the US and then give MQ the MTCN number?

What country is "MQ" in?

You definitely want to send to the country they're in....

But I was talking about the conversion rate, it will as whether you want to send a USD or whatever. I just always use USD

3 minutes ago, liamerai91 said:

What country is "MQ" in?

You definitely want to send to the country they're in....

But I was talking about the conversion rate, it will as whether you want to send a USD or whatever. I just always use USD

Vietnam. I'll check. It seemed to default to local currency, so I'll see if I can change back when I send funds. Thanks!

Personally I prefer online WU but I believe the online site can vary from country to country.

When customers pay me by WU they need to supply my name, country and state I live in, other than that they only need to highlight that the cash will be collected in person.

Ken

• Like 1

One problem I had several years ago when I first used WU, was they had a cash limit. Could only send 500.00 USD per month. I believe this was to slow down some of the problems WU was having with both online gambling and money laundering. I was sending money to my wife in Europe when she went home for summer vacation. After a couple of months as I recall, they increased the limit to something like 5k.

As others have said, make sure you have the name and country right, they won't release money to someone with a different name than what is on the WU money transfer. They also need the MTCN to claim the cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...