When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster (lost push pin)

frankoz

Question

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right section for this question.

I recently purchased the Speedmaster in the photos. I have been very happy with the watch's finish & timekeeping, and have worn it frequently as a result

Sadly I noticed last night when unbuckling the watch, that the second hand reset pin had broken/fallen out sometime, somewhere during the day.

I'm not sure whether it is a screw in component that came loose, or whether it implies a broken mechanism.

Can someone advise me on this question and where I can either acquire the replacement part.

Thanks in anticipation.

Rgds
Frank Oz

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58a574ad8e090/R0029686-01.jpeg?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58a574a54a84f/R0029687-01.jpeg?

7 answers to this question

Hi Frank,

You could try offri or cousins UK for a gen replacement. You're best getting the gen ones as they will more than likely be similar cost for replacements from a TD. I'm not sure on the speedy, but I know with a lot of other brands, the pusher is held in using a circular clip, but some do screw in also, concord C1 is infamous for it!

Hope this helps mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks nikki6 for your advice. By the sound of it I will need a friendly watchmaker to help me. I live in Adelaide, South Australia so if anyone knows one, I'd be grateful. I will try Offri or Cousins as you suggest. Best rgds

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sogeha, thanks man, I will dig for it. As I said before, I am probably going to need a watchmaker, so you know one in Australia, particularly South Australia, I'd be grateful. Cheers

There is an Omega parts place in Australia. The name escapes me at the moment, but they gained some notoriety for building franken Seamaster 300 watches from genuine parts.

Anybody?
Watchco

Sogeha, thanks man, I will dig for it. As I said before, I am probably going to need a watchmaker, so you know one in Australia, particularly South Australia, I'd be grateful. Cheers

Thanks nikki6 for your advice. By the sound of it I will need a friendly watchmaker to help me. I live in Adelaide, South Australia so if anyone knows one, I'd be grateful. I will try Offri or Cousins as you suggest. Best rgds

Lot of the family owned watch stores carry so many used parts and that watch book parts has so many things they can order you don't know what they might have

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk