When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki and JF 3135 are they the same?

chefcook

Hi there,

I purchased this JF 1:1 Submariner 116610 LN from puretime a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using it's movement in a franken project. The JF SA3135V2 basically is a Yuki 3135 with engravings and much better availability. 

I came to the conclusion that sapphire crystals just don't do it for me anymore and therefore I won't take this watch apart for it's movement.

Here's the link to PT: http://puretime03.com/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-jf-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v2s.html

I paid 486 USD including shipping, which equals 455 Euros today.

As with every Yuki3135 or JF 3135V2 I highly recommend to have this movement serviced immediately! Do not even think of wearing this watch without the movement having had a proper service. Though it keeps good time it winds like it was 50 years old and has never seen oil in it's long life. That's nothing a proper service from an experienced watchmaker could not get rid of.

The watch even has all protective stickers in place. It is unworn and brand new.

Letting this one go for 385 Euros including worldwide shipping with insurance.

I am in the EU but will ship worldwide. Buyer takes customs risk / fees / responsibility. Within the EU there will be no customs involved, of course.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

• Advertiser
    chefcook
  • Date
    02/19/2017
  • Price

• Category

On 25.2.2017 at 9:25 PM, hologramet said:

Umm... 

Since when is a Sa3135 v2 a Yuki3135? 

If it were that easy why buy the mvmt for 400 USD from Yuki when you can get the everything else for extra 48 USD? 

Put the movements next to each other - you'll realize that they are the same movement except for the engraving. Every part is interchangeable and key parts like escapement are identical between JF 3135 V2 and Yuki 3135. IMO the limited availability of the Yuki movement is caused by the rep factory getting all the movements.

That does not apply to SA3135 used by Noob Factory. Those are completely different, with no spares available and questionable reliability. 

@ Gingio: I'll post more pics tomorrow. Unfortunately I am travelling at the moment and don't have access to the watch.

Edited by chefcook

@chefcook very interesting. Have you actually compared the movements side by side? If you have would you please consider posting your finding in a separate thread when you have time. It would be very interesting for all of us. Especially as the Yuki seems to have erratic availability. 

In the meantime thank you for your explanation and GLWS

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, chefcook said:

Put the movements next to each other - you'll realize that they are the same movement except for the engraving. Every part is interchangeable and key parts like escapement are identical between JF 3135 V2 and Yuki 3135. IMO the limited availability of the Yuki movement is caused by the rep factory getting all the movements.

That does not apply to SA3135 used by Noob Factory. Those are completely different, with no spares available and questionable reliability. 

@ Gingio: I'll post more pics tomorrow. Unfortunately I am travelling at the moment and don't have access to the watch.

I must say that I stand corrected until otherwise proven (read: until I get a JF clone in my hands and notice that some crucial component in fact is not compatible..)

YUKI:

unnamed2.jpg.eabf16273c13fcaafabe5439bfe92752.jpg

unnamed.jpg.e0f1e8c690a3b6fa2dd1013e7148af03.jpg

Noob clone:

submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v7-1-1-noob-best-edition-sa3135.jpg.36d4a9c45a18bb65fc0f77a37c5d102b.jpg

submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v7-1-1-noob-best-edition-sa31352.jpg.fb44de4067b687609231ea95a9337e6f.jpg

submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v7-1-1-noob-best-edition-sa31353.jpg.5e20a355ea6d2a26124b71a656539835.jpg

JF clone:

submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v2s-1-1-jf-sa3135-best-edition.jpg.28476bca04044c8a0f596dcaf99d56c8.jpgsubmariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v2s-1-1-jf-sa3135-best-edition2.jpg.cdbfbb4e5f6e65e11cee72d6fffa8bb6.jpgsubmariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v2s-1-1-jf-sa3135-best-edition3.jpg.d0b92ad961057937f5598f4a8aa331f0.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have pics but I've had both JF 3135 V2 and Yuki next to each other on my table. They are identical. Even the date wheel in these JF watches is standard Yuki. The JF movements come with the same downside as Yukis. They are dirty and require immediate servicing before the watch is ready to be worn. Same applies to the watch for sale here.  

• Like 1

Interesting, this is news perhaps I'll but this for a comparison study..................

16 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

This is interesting news to me. I was under the impression that the Noob and JF movements were the same and the Yuki the odd one out. If true it does make sense as I always thought that if Yuki was buying the movement he couldn't be the only customer 

Yes, I doubt YUKI has his own manufacturer and if chef is correct (have no reason to think he is not as he bought for the movement) it all makes sense.

• Like 2

Wow. I have had the yuki and the sa side by side last week. While they look very much the same, nothing will interchange. I had a bad winding pinon on the yuki and thought I would pull the one from the sa to see if it would fit. By the way, the sa is a parts movement. The winding pinon was not even close to the one on the yuki. Niether was the clutch. I had the rotor assy off the sa and tried it on the yuki, again not even close to fitting. The calendar wheel was very close to fitting, but did not work right. The stop lever did fit both movements. The bal assy from the yuki looks almost identical as the sa, but will not interchange either. The repair I did on the yuki was with 3135 parts from star time. New winding pinion for the gen 3135, new winding wheel, and new clutch. They all fit the yuki and made a nice fix. Work very smooth. Also, the gen 3135 date wheel fits the yuki and works exactly like it should.  While the sa and yuki look almost the same side by side, my experience is nothing about them is the same. That's my 2 cents.

• Like 2

From what you are saying, Matt, it sure does sound like the SA3135 you were comparing to the Yuki was a V1, not V2.  I say this because I have also had a V1 SA3135 and a Yuki side by side, I will try and get one of these watches with the V2 SA3135 in, and get some good detailed strip down documentation with plenty off photos to either prove, or disprove the aforementioned claims by the op.

I'm not in any way saying you are wrong @chefcook, I just want to find out for absolute certainty they the V2 SA3135 is indeed a Yuki or not, if it is, I would indeed be very happy about it as I could buy watches with this V2 fitted, and part them out :)

• Like 2

I can't really answer if they are the same in the jf and the noob, I just don't know.    ssteel, the sa I was working on last week looked different than the sa 3135 in my yachtmaster. I bought that watch about 5 or 6 years ago. By the way, it still keeps perfect time and works flawlessly. So i can't say for sure if it is v1 or v2. Is there anyway to tell by just looking? My supplier in hong kong said there are 2 factories that produce the 3135. No more info than that. Oddly enough I think they are same ones that make the asian version of the 7750 with seconds at 6. They seem identical except the post on the sweep second on one of them is slightly smaller than the other. I've had one of his out for about a year now, still working great. But now it seems we are getting way off the op's post. Good luck

• Like 1

Just have a look of the shape of the Balance shock system on the V2 vs. the V1 and the Yuki. The V2 on the JF and the Yuki look exactly the same in that area, where as the noob SA looks to be a different and overall a different movement. The finishing of the bridges seem to be the same on the V2 and the yuki.   just my 2 cents worth

Hmm I may order one to compare when I get home in a few weeks. But this could be the reason that its hard as hell to get your hands on yukis for a while.

• Like 1

Also something to note regarding the V2 SA3135, and the latest Yuki 3135, the latter, Yuki recently posted about working alongside crownandskull.com to build the latest Yuki, unsure what exactly their relationship it, but crownandskulls website only has a landing page, but states.. EDIT, they appear to have added some content to their blog now..

Servicing the Yuki 3135

https://www.crownandskull.com/project-3135

SO HOW MUCH?

A stock Yuki 3135 costs $385 + $7 shipping in the US. Worldwide shipping is available at cost (usually $20-$35). 

https://www.crownandskull.com/faq

Sorry for my terribly belated replies to all of your questions. I am quite busy at the moment but will try to come back to you asap.

Attached is the requested lume shot. Standard JF, nothing fancy. 

I am in this 3135 game since the first SA3135 were released and offered by Puretime. I believe that was in 2011 or 2012. I bought one of the very first SA3135 in a 16610 LV, terrible rep, terrible movement. The SA3135 as still used today by noob factory has a completely different cosntruction and first versions didn't even accept gen hands (hour hand was different, minute and seconds worked). 

The reversing wheels in these movements are a multiple piece design with a red top plate and the actual wheel being silver (see hologramet's pics!). The red top plate holds several jewels inside. At least on the first batch of SA3135 this red plate was friction fitted to the actual wheel below. The friction fitment was too lose and would come off in normal use, spreading all the tiny jewels inside of the watch. Not a single part was interchangeable with the gen 3135, not even the stem. To make bad things worse the stem was very weak and would eventually break in normal use. 

After this experience I decided to not even try later SA3135 iterations. This is the movement that Noob is using still today, however with minor changes like a stronger stem.

Then Yuki came up with his 3135. Except for escapement wheel, balance wheel and a click spring in the keyless works everything was to genuine 3135 specification and allowed for using genuine Rolex 3135 parts. Gear train, main spring with barrel, keyless works, minute pinion, hour wheel, everything just as gen.

I've bought three Yuki 3135 in total, used one in a Sean Case, one in a TC case and sold one movement again. The Yuki movement isn't bad once it gets serviced. Out of the box it is dirty, greasy and not in working order.

One day the availability of the Yuki 3135 got increasingly difficult and soon JF showed up with their SA3135 V2. I've bought a few of those in the meantime, one to check it out as an alternative to the non existent supply from Yuki, one I converted to no-date (using gen parts!) and putting into a 114270 Explorer and one I used in a Sean Yachtmaster case. 

Except for the engraving it is the same movement as Yukis. Again, everything is interchangeable with gen 3135 parts except for this one single click spring in keyless works, escapement wheel and balance wheel. Quality is the same and just as Yukis they come dirty and greasy from the factory. 

Obviously there are two different factories producing different 3135 clones. One being a real clone (JF and Yuki) and one replicating only looks and dimensions (Noob). These movements shouldn't be confused with each other. 

Saying that Yuki is offering the only 3135 clone accepting gen parts and stating that any SA3135 from the rep factories is a different movement than Yuki's is wrong.

IMG_4146.JPG

• Like 1

I have to say that my pictures in the thread are from crown and skull. And he agrees.... JF and Yuki appear to be macroscopically identical. He has ordered one too do some research, but so far there is no reason not to assume that @chefcookis wrong. 

I also agree with this.. Look at the details. Bridges. Screws. There's a huge difference between Noob and JF. 

40 minutes ago, chefcook said:

Sorry for my terribly belated replies to all of your questions. I am quite busy at the moment but will try to come back to you asap.

Attached is the requested lume shot. Standard JF, nothing fancy. 

I am in this 3135 game since the first SA3135 were released and offered by Puretime. I believe that was in 2011 or 2012. I bought one of the very first SA3135 in a 16610 LV, terrible rep, terrible movement. The SA3135 as still used today by noob factory has a completely different cosntruction and first versions didn't even accept gen hands (hour hand was different, minute and seconds worked). 

The reversing wheels in these movements are a multiple piece design with a red top plate and the actual wheel being silver (see hologramet's pics!). The red top plate holds several jewels inside. At least on the first batch of SA3135 this red plate was friction fitted to the actual wheel below. The friction fitment was too lose and would come off in normal use, spreading all the tiny jewels inside of the watch. Not a single part was interchangeable with the gen 3135, not even the stem. To make bad things worse the stem was very weak and would eventually break in normal use. 

After this experience I decided to not even try later SA3135 iterations. This is the movement that Noob is using still today, however with minor changes like a stronger stem.

Then Yuki came up with his 3135. Except for escapement wheel, balance wheel and a click spring in the keyless works everything was to genuine 3135 specification and allowed for using genuine Rolex 3135 parts. Gear train, main spring with barrel, keyless works, minute pinion, hour wheel, everything just as gen.

I've bought three Yuki 3135 in total, used one in a Sean Case, one in a TC case and sold one movement again. The Yuki movement isn't bad once it gets serviced. Out of the box it is dirty, greasy and not in working order.

One day the availability of the Yuki 3135 got increasingly difficult and soon JF showed up with their SA3135 V2. I've bought a few of those in the meantime, one to check it out as an alternative to the non existent supply from Yuki, one I converted to no-date (using gen parts!) and putting into a 114270 Explorer and one I used in a Sean Yachtmaster case. 

Except for the engraving it is the same movement as Yukis. Again, everything is interchangeable with gen 3135 parts except for this one single click spring in keyless works, escapement wheel and balance wheel. Quality is the same and just as Yukis they come dirty and greasy from the factory. 

Obviously there are two different factories producing different 3135 clones. One being a real clone (JF and Yuki) and one replicating only looks and dimensions (Noob). These movements shouldn't be confused with each other. 

Saying that Yuki is offering the only 3135 clone accepting gen parts and stating that any SA3135 from the rep factories is a different movement than Yuki's is wrong.

IMG_4146.JPG