When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki and JF 3135 are they the same?

chefcook

Nope, BP Movement is SA3135 like Noob.

Look at the balance bridge and where the balance stud is in relation to the winding stem. On SA3135 / Noob / BP the balance spring is coiled clockwise, so the balance [censored] is on the far side from the stem. The balance spring's coil on Yuki 3135 / JF 3135 turn counter clockwise, therefore the balance stud is on the near side from the stem.

I can't really answer if they are the same in the jf and the noob, I just don't know.    ssteel, the sa I was working on last week looked different than the sa 3135 in my yachtmaster. I bought that watch about 5 or 6 years ago. By the way, it still keeps perfect time and works flawlessly. So i can't say for sure if it is v1 or v2. Is there anyway to tell by just looking? My supplier in hong kong said there are 2 factories that produce the 3135. No more info than that. Oddly enough I think they are same ones that make the asian version of the 7750 with seconds at 6. They seem identical except the post on the sweep second on one of them is slightly smaller than the other. I've had one of his out for about a year now, still working great. But now it seems we are getting way off the op's post. Good luck

10 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

Also something to note regarding the V2 SA3135, and the latest Yuki 3135, the latter, Yuki recently posted about working alongside crownandskull.com to build the latest Yuki, unsure what exactly their relationship it, but crownandskulls website only has a landing page, but states.. EDIT, they appear to have added some content to their blog now..

Servicing the Yuki 3135

https://www.crownandskull.com/project-3135

SO HOW MUCH?

A stock Yuki 3135 costs $385 + $7 shipping in the US. Worldwide shipping is available at cost (usually $20-$35). 

https://www.crownandskull.com/faq

Any idea what I've got here Micky? a V2(yuki) or standard SA3135? 

unnamed (19).jpg

unnamed (20).jpg

unnamed (21).jpg

20 minutes ago, denimhead said:

Any idea what I've got here Micky? a V2(yuki) or standard SA3135? 

unnamed (21).jpg

Me thinks a SA3135. Because im not seeing any 'jewel'/'ruby' at the 13th date position like the yuki. also blue screws missing and the date gears are way different

Ant_zps931fbd6c.jpg

Edited by Stuvetjee

Hey guys!  Thought I'd chime in since I'm Crown & Skull :)  And you may know me from other forums.  I just got clued into the JF vs. Yuki movement recently and I have a JF Yachtmaster incoming.  So the story with me and Yuki is that I started buying his movements in bulk to preservice for forum members. Takes all the risk of them getting a bunk movement and I can ensure parts aren't broken and they're working properly. Recently he's asked me to be the main seller as he's not set up to service them ahead of time.  So that's where I come in.

As for this recently development.... it doesn't look good (for me).  Until I get one in my hands I won't know for sure, but damn if they don't look identical.  The biggest giveaway between the Noob SA and the Yuki was always the balance and winding bridge. The slot for the hacking mechanism is crooked in relation to the engraving vs. the Yuki and gen which is 90 degrees to the engraving. But even bigger tell is that the hairspring on the Noob SA is wound in the opposite direction!  The Yuki and JF both have the hairspring terminal on the opposite side of the regulator vs. the Noob SA.  I gotta say, if this is true it'll be a huge kick in the nuts as I was paying damn near that for a single movement BEFORE servicing :(  

Anyway - I'll post a full breakdown when I get my Yachtmaster unless one of you fellas beats me to it. Thanks.

• Like 3

that explains the reason YUKI is out of stock. Sounds like JF is the big fish in buying up those movements for their use.. I have stocked YUKI 3135 with engravings and paid yuki prices and now seems like you can just buy a JF and get extra parts out the deal.. someone needs to rip their JF and yuki to confirm this?? Is this fully confirmed? 

34 minutes ago, irolexu said:

that explains the reason YUKI is out of stock. Sounds like JF is the big fish in buying up those movements for their use.. I have stocked YUKI 3135 with engravings and paid yuki prices and now seems like you can just buy a JF and get extra parts out the deal.. someone needs to rip their JF and yuki to confirm this?? Is this fully confirmed? 

Actually I've always been able to get them.  Yuki had just kept the "Out of Stock" on his site because he was selling in bulk to a few people only. Going forward, he's just letting me handle movement sales.  I think part of the reason is that a lot were coming back to him either damaged or not working and it's easier to let someone service them first, as he suggested.  I'll have plenty more in stock soon and because I placed a massive order. In return I can sell them for $275 stock or $385 serviced.  If you're in the market for a JF, sure, still might be worth it vs. the movement only. 

I've got a JF Yachtmaster, Air King, and Explorer to do a full teardown comparision, but yeah, I think we're all agreed they're the same movement.

1 hour ago, irolexu said:

It is in the works we know for sure soon.

Finally got my JF Yachmaster and tore down the movement. It's definitely a Yuki 3135. Here are some highlights:

- Different (better?) datewheel print
- Different yoke for cam (don't know why)
- Engraved bridges (3135 too small though)
- definitely NOT *fully serviced

The last bullet - it appears that the winding bridge and auto assembly have been nicely cleaned and oiled which makes sense if they removed them to do the engraving. Performance out of the box was standard low-amp Yuki. The finish was nice and shiny on the engraved parts but still dull on the rest of the movement. Pics below. JF is on the left.

0a94f37e58b5c127c2806db10827c19d.jpg

edd99a8a12eb770f888ed10543a67dab.jpg

6a5bc4a0c0a38b51029dade460275c04.jpg

9fdb5236e8f787fefe185891d05c4719.jpg

7ad9129a08693b9f447151fdcac8a160.jpg

56e146024999deffefb02981a864f574.jpg

I didn't take pics of everything because they're identical otherwise.

• Like 3

Finally got my JF Yachmaster and tore down the movement. It's definitely a Yuki 3135. Here are some highlights:

- Different (better?) datewheel print
- Different yoke for cam (don't know why)
- Engraved bridges (3135 too small though)
- definitely NOT *fully serviced

The last bullet - it appears that the winding bridge and auto assembly have been nicely cleaned and oiled which makes sense if they removed them to do the engraving. Performance out of the box was standard low-amp Yuki. The finish was nice and shiny on the engraved parts but still dull on the rest of the movement. Pics below. JF is on the left.

I didn't take pics of everything because they're identical otherwise.

Thank you for sharing. Why don't you share this post other forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yolk and most of the date works was terrible on my first-gen Yuki. I rebuilt most of it with Gen parts just to get it to run right. 

I've heard that was the case and likely where the suggestion to put in gen parts got started. I've mostly gotten 2nd gen movements and they've been totally fine.

1 hour ago, TickleShoes said:

I've heard that was the case and likely where the suggestion to put in gen parts got started. I've mostly gotten 2nd gen movements and they've been totally fine.

Yeah. I've heard there were improvements. I was thinking maybe that was why the yoke was different. One may be a gen 1 and the other a gen 2?

I always thought that the difference between Noob SA3135 (V2) and Yuki/JF was slander until I disassembled these two yesterday night. On the back they look pretty much the same.

cafd21b8360e311d74ea55088baf557c.jpg

But see the hudge difference between the rest of the watch especially the adjustment construction of time and date.

d3c8761b5f83423a4ee1fadfe5896ccf.jpg
73a63196b1e01b7b6e554c10777d81f3.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 2