When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki and JF 3135 are they the same?

chefcook

Hey gang! Exciting new update. I had a chance to strip down a JF Explorer with a 3132 and... its different! In a good way Several parts have been changed to eliminate the date function. It's not just a 3135 with date parts missing. They actually changed the keyless so that the crown only has 2 positions! Super cool. The distance plate for dial (3130-148), setting jumper (3130-230) and cover mechanism (3130-236) are all gen spec. The yoke itself (3130-240) is different and it uses a custom yoke for setting wheel instead of the base 3135-266 but it's a nice development. I haven't measured the seconds wheel or minute pinion but the hour wheel is different too!

3132 is on the right

38f86fbccd11be6db27b0f0de1090da8.jpg

7686b046db46e7111b5574c67d578a78.jpg

20b72ab451d2d9862cf62f1d73241243.jpg

bd3eb8be1fa3b93ef19e09bd5d7a1f9b.jpg

• Like 3

Aha, good to know
[mention=78899]TickleShoes[/mention] Is that red movement holder a Horotec 09-010-25?  Been looking for a 3135 movement holder, and can only find this one, it states for a 3035 Rolex movement?

It is and it works fine for 3135. But I'd suggest this one. He's a watchsmith from CA and machines these himself. They're reps of the real Rolex holders and are AMAZING! He's also making me one for eta 28XX and custom mainspring winders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112283564583
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

Aha, good to know :)

@TickleShoes Is that red movement holder a Horotec 09-010-25?  Been looking for a 3135 movement holder, and can only find this one, it states for a 3035 Rolex movement?

51 minutes ago, TickleShoes said:

It is and it works fine for 3135. But I'd suggest this one. He's a watchsmith from CA and machines these himself. They're reps of the real Rolex holders and are AMAZING! He's also making me one for eta 28XX and custom mainspring winders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112283564583

You guys could try the contact I've given TickleShoes to see if he can get you gen ones (if it should be of great importance...)

Also... I guess it's safe to say now that the 114060 3130 is most likely also custom...

So there we go. The Yuki "3135" with a "free" watch included, and also 2 extra movement options. This thread is awesome.

• Like 4

Is the JF no date movement ok to run without tear down and service [mention=78899]TickleShoes[/mention]?  Is it nessary since they have so much updating or are they shat also as shipped?

They can be. Like any Asian rep, some work fine out of the box and then some, like the Explorer that @WatchSpaz got, the minute hand didn't turn with the seconds hand. So the timegrapher looked fine but the watch didn't work = loose cannon pinion.

So yeah, it's still hit or miss. Good news vs. the SA is that I have tons of spare parts and a reasonable service fee. :p
Is the "date changing" problem is eliminated in JF3135? Sorry, I can't find that in review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Date change is still an issue. Turns out the earlier movements had a slotted disc where the latest ones don't. Don't quick change a JF date after midnight. (Like Gremins) lol

• 2 weeks later...

In recently repairing and servicing the new 3132 I can confirm that gen minute wheel fits the 3132. Part number 260. Expensive part but cheaper then losing the entire movement to the SA31XX "no parts available" problem. I noticed a lot of improvements and wondered what the deal was. Glad info is finally coming out.

notice missing teeth in the rep gear.

uTsypeg.jpg

adDyhBK.jpg

Mjl1A6p.jpg

LAgNLKM.jpg

0jAh45l.jpg

Edited by P4GTR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone else experienced a very jerky movement when setting the time on their SH3132?

The hand stack isn't very tight so the whole thing can wobble but if you mean that it feels kinda like "gears" instead of smooth it's the cannon pinion. I struggled with them for while being too loose, but too tight and you get that jerky feeling.

9 minutes ago, TickleShoes said:

The hand stack isn't very tight so the whole thing can wobble but if you mean that it feels kinda like "gears" instead of smooth it's the cannon pinion. I struggled with them for while being too loose, but too tight and you get that jerky feeling.

Thanks for your reply. I will take it apart anyways soon and see what causes that "high friction" feeling...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry for my terribly belated replies to all of your questions. I am quite busy at the moment but will try to come back to you asap.

Attached is the requested lume shot. Standard JF, nothing fancy. 

I am in this 3135 game since the first SA3135 were released and offered by Puretime. I believe that was in 2011 or 2012. I bought one of the very first SA3135 in a 16610 LV, terrible rep, terrible movement. The SA3135 as still used today by noob factory has a completely different cosntruction and first versions didn't even accept gen hands (hour hand was different, minute and seconds worked). 
The reversing wheels in these movements are a multiple piece design with a red top plate and the actual wheel being silver (see hologramet's pics!). The red top plate holds several jewels inside. At least on the first batch of SA3135 this red plate was friction fitted to the actual wheel below. The friction fitment was too lose and would come off in normal use, spreading all the tiny jewels inside of the watch. Not a single part was interchangeable with the gen 3135, not even the stem. To make bad things worse the stem was very weak and would eventually break in normal use. 
After this experience I decided to not even try later SA3135 iterations. This is the movement that Noob is using still today, however with minor changes like a stronger stem.

Then Yuki came up with his 3135. Except for escapement wheel, balance wheel and a click spring in the keyless works everything was to genuine 3135 specification and allowed for using genuine Rolex 3135 parts. Gear train, main spring with barrel, keyless works, minute pinion, hour wheel, everything just as gen.
I've bought three Yuki 3135 in total, used one in a Sean Case, one in a TC case and sold one movement again. The Yuki movement isn't bad once it gets serviced. Out of the box it is dirty, greasy and not in working order.

One day the availability of the Yuki 3135 got increasingly difficult and soon JF showed up with their SA3135 V2. I've bought a few of those in the meantime, one to check it out as an alternative to the non existent supply from Yuki, one I converted to no-date (using gen parts!) and putting into a 114270 Explorer and one I used in a Sean Yachtmaster case. 
Except for the engraving it is the same movement as Yukis. Again, everything is interchangeable with gen 3135 parts except for this one single click spring in keyless works, escapement wheel and balance wheel. Quality is the same and just as Yukis they come dirty and greasy from the factory. 

Obviously there are two different factories producing different 3135 clones. One being a real clone (JF and Yuki) and one replicating only looks and dimensions (Noob). These movements shouldn't be confused with each other. 

Saying that Yuki is offering the only 3135 clone accepting gen parts and stating that any SA3135 from the rep factories is a different movement than Yuki's is wrong.

IMG_4146.thumb.JPG.e33aa8826e68dfa2a955a04cef9eca4b.JPG

What about new BP 3135 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I know tc uses a 2824 in his cases, at least in the ones I've seen. That is the same stem height as the 3135. However, he makes a movement ring to hold it and you can't use that on the 3135. I'm not sure if the 3135 will fit without a new ring being made. Just have to try it. If it has a 2824 in it, the stem height should be ok. By the way, the movement rings tc makes, are professionally made. Very nice

• Like 1