When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki and JF 3135 are they the same?

chefcook

I know tc uses a 2824 in his cases, at least in the ones I've seen. That is the same stem height as the 3135. However, he makes a movement ring to hold it and you can't use that on the 3135. I'm not sure if the 3135 will fit without a new ring being made. Just have to try it. If it has a 2824 in it, the stem height should be ok. By the way, the movement rings tc makes, are professionally made. Very nice

Gen cases with 3135 dont have movement rings right?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Champagnesky said:

Gen cases with 3135 dont have movement rings right?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Correct. The 3135 fits directly in a gen spec case 

• 11 months later...
One rep dealer advertises an A3135 Mod movement in his Datejusts. Is it a Noob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't always list them correctly.

If the dj is an ARF, even if it says sa3135 it's an sh3135.

If it says noob a3135, it's an a2836-2 with a decorative plate.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys!  Thought I'd chime in since I'm Crown & Skull   And you may know me from other forums.  I just got clued into the JF vs. Yuki movement recently and I have a JF Yachtmaster incoming.  So the story with me and Yuki is that I started buying his movements in bulk to preservice for forum members. Takes all the risk of them getting a bunk movement and I can ensure parts aren't broken and they're working properly. Recently he's asked me to be the main seller as he's not set up to service them ahead of time.  So that's where I come in.

As for this recently development.... it doesn't look good (for me).  Until I get one in my hands I won't know for sure, but damn if they don't look identical.  The biggest giveaway between the Noob SA and the Yuki was always the balance and winding bridge. The slot for the hacking mechanism is crooked in relation to the engraving vs. the Yuki and gen which is 90 degrees to the engraving. But even bigger tell is that the hairspring on the Noob SA is wound in the opposite direction!  The Yuki and JF both have the hairspring terminal on the opposite side of the regulator vs. the Noob SA.  I gotta say, if this is true it'll be a huge kick in the nuts as I was paying damn near that for a single movement BEFORE servicing   

Anyway - I'll post a full breakdown when I get my Yachtmaster unless one of you fellas beats me to it. Thanks.