When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Blancpain FF homage

Nanuq

Fashion I suppose. I can understand a guy with 8 inch wrists might choose bigger watches but mostly I think it's just a fashion trend and might not last. 

I've always been happy with 36mm but I have girly wrists

2 minutes ago, themannier said:

They are really nice, but i always wonder why we don't have some good reps of the old FF :g:

Have you seen Davison's, I understand they are not perfect but I rather like them. 

2 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Fashion I suppose. I can understand a guy with 8 inch wrists might choose bigger watches but mostly I think it's just a fashion trend and might not last. 

I've always been happy with 36mm but I have girly wrists

Have you seen Davison's, I understand they are not perfect but I rather like them. 

Yes you're right, i forgot these from Davidsen ; but it's not a common  rep unfortunately !

• Like 1

If they would be 40mm I would be extremely tempted. But it's a good thing. The last thing I need is another watch. ?

I am starting to hide them in different drawers around the house so my wife gets confused and doesn't realize the full magnitude of my addiction. ?

I'm fortunate in that I have two houses and secondly that as far as my significant other is concerned the Subs and GMTs all look the same and I have three Panerai, the black one, the white one and one with funny little sub dials. Yep, one Rolex and three Pams, that's pretty much it love??????

I really like the old vintage FF's. Great iconic dive watches. I hadn't looked at prices of gens in probably the past 4-5 years. WOW!! Couldn't believe that ones that are truly genuine and with a provenance are selling from 40-100k!! When I first started getting interested in SCUBA, shops were selling civilian versions of the FF. Price wise, they were cheaper than Doxas, and of course the Rolex 1680 was about twice the price of either of them.
Bill Yao, MKII watches bought the rights as well as all the existing paperwork,drawings, etc. for the Tornek Rayville. He produced 9 or 10 several years ago, from what I was told, to protect the copyright and patent rights. According to Bill, a production version will be introduced this year. It will have the Tornek Rayville name the moisture indicator disc and will be an actual Tornek Rayville , not a homage like the MKII Stingray.
aa778249befef0d97868257b5b4032b5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, alt.watch.obsessive said:

That's good news. Hopefully he will really try to reproduce it rather than throw the brand on one of his MKIIs. He can make a HUGE amount of money if done right.

So far no photos, drawings, etc. I hope that it is true to form as well. Although my  stingray above is pretty close, except for the date window. When these were for sale several years ago, there were three different bezel options, date, no date as well as a one with Arabic numbers and one without numbers. He even built a few with and acrylic lumed bezel insert. I had one of those and foolishly sold it, never saw another one for sale despite looking really hard for one.

These are great watches at a pretty competitive price point.