When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ATTENTION NOOBS - Sales threads

panerai153

I would expect that this primarily relates to new members. When you do a search in the sales threads, sometimes your search will bring up a very, very old thread, one that has been dead for years. I got a PM to approve a post a little while ago. A new member was asking about photos of a strap for sale. When I went to the thread, I saw that it was started in 2009!! Now what are the chances that a 7 year old strap thread is going to get you a strap? So guys please look at the date the thread was posted before you start asking questions about the items for sale. :nono:

This does not apply to any of our "Knowledge" threads, brand threads, general discussion, etc. often it's sort of neat to bring and old thread back from the dead. Newer members read it, folks add new comments and everyone gains. Sales threads, however, are like a smelly corpse. Better to let them rest undisturbed, far away!!:yuk:

• Like 3

He needed and approval and I gave it, I agree, sometimes it's hard to see when the thread got posted. I just wanted to remind everyone that resurrecting old long dead sales threads serves no real purpose and just eats up bandwidth.
Having said that, I see nothing wrong with sending a seller a PM to check if the item has sold. Not from a 7 year old thread but maybe one thats a few months old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would expect that this primarily relates to new members. When you do a search in the sales threads, sometimes your search will bring up a very, very old thread, one that has been dead for years. I got a PM to approve a post a little while ago. A new member was asking about photos of a strap for sale. When I went to the thread, I saw that it was started in 2009!! Now what are the chances that a 7 year old strap thread is going to get you a strap? So guys please look at the date the thread was posted before you start asking questions about the items for sale. :nono:

This does not apply to any of our "Knowledge" threads, brand threads, general discussion, etc. often it's sort of neat to bring and old thread back from the dead. Newer members read it, folks add new comments and everyone gains. Sales threads, however, are like a smelly corpse. Better to let them rest undisturbed, far away!!:yuk:

"Smelly corpse" - love it !!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk