When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO 44mm FC sec @12

SBM

20 hours ago, SBM said:

Thanks a lot! Is it a good thing if it's a sec@12?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

The sec@12 movement is a modified A7750 movement, with the moving seconds transferred from the 9 o'clock position to the 12 o'clock one. It is a nice innovation in the replica industry honestly. But due to the friction within the additional transfer gears, there could be inherent issues like movement stoppage or non-reliability. 

This can be overcome by reducing the friction in the transfer gears, and strengthening the mainspring as well with a high tensile one. 

Jewel mods or graphite coating mods could serve to reduce or solve the friction issues. 

The more recent batches of sec@12 movements are improved over the initial batches and should prove more reliable.

• Like 2

The sec@12 movement is a modified A7750 movement, with the moving seconds transferred from the 9 o'clock position to the 12 o'clock one. It is a nice innovation in the replica industry honestly. But due to the friction within the additional transfer gears, there could be inherent issues like movement stoppage or non-reliability. 
This can be overcome by reducing the friction in the transfer gears, and strengthening the mainspring as well with a high tensile one. 
Jewel mods or graphite coating mods could serve to reduce or solve the friction issues. 

The more recent batches of sec@12 movements are improved over the initial batches and should prove more reliable.

Sounds like sound advice. I might send it for a service the first thing I do. What do you guys think?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

The JF dial for this model has never been as accurate as the Noob one. 

The sec@12 subdial has markers that are too short, and also, the second counter ring around the dial is inaccurate.. the 1-4 markers for each set are too long. 

QC wise there is nothing wrong with the watch but I have caught out several 44mm ROO in the wild from distances 3-5m away based on these and of course the datewheel position and depth, as well as the size of the date font. 

It is a nice watch to own but not an accurate one, like most ROO rep models.

• Like 1

The JF dial for this model has never been as accurate as the Noob one. 
The sec@12 subdial has markers that are too short, and also, the second counter ring around the dial is inaccurate.. the 1-4 markers for each set are too long. 
QC wise there is nothing wrong with the watch but I have caught out several 44mm ROO in the wild from distances 3-5m away based on these and of course the datewheel position and depth, as well as the size of the date font. 

It is a nice watch to own but not an accurate one, like most ROO rep models.

Awesome feedback as allways!
Impressive difference between the rwi forum and my new favorite, rwg.

But seeing how I am going wear this as a rep I'm not really to anxious about those things. Seems like AP reps all have the same tells.
But if your name isn't legend from RWG forum, do you think ppl can spot this as a rep?

9 minutes ago, SBM said:

Awesome feedback as allways!
Impressive difference between the rwi forum and my new favorite, rwg.

But seeing how I am going wear this as a rep I'm not really to anxious about those things. Seems like AP reps all have the same tells.
But if your name isn't legend from RWG forum, do you think ppl can spot this as a rep?

Lol the way you put it...

OK if you are going to wear this as a rep, you won't need to worry. It is a nice looking watch on its own like I stated. You are unlikely to get called out by anyone at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the help Legend! =)

Anytime SBM, that's what the forum is for.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1