When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Message from the new guy

Sogeha

Gentlemen, for a while now I have been watching sales adverts closely, the reason for that is now apparent. It seems to me that since we went to the new format there has been an increase in posts without a tagged photograph.

I know the new sales listing is not great, a number of comments have been made including one by me, Admin has heard us, but for the time being this is what we have and we have to make it work. If you can upload one picture, you can upload a tagged picture.

For those that don't know the reason, a handwritten tag with username, RWG.cc and the date shows you have possession of the watch. It is a small but I believe useful step in combating scams. If I don't see one I will jump on your advert regardless of your standing or any personal friendship. I don't do it because I like my new power or out of any personal animosity, I do it because I believe it is a small protection for the whole community. If you have been here years with a good feedback, then we kind of all know who you are, but to be fair I believe the same expectation should apply to everyone otherwise it can seem like hazing the new guy. On a similar matter as @Mike on a bike has said often, Mods can not be expected to provide total security in trades. The strength of this forum is not in the great team of Mods, nor in rules and regulations. The real strength of this community is in all of us watching each other's backs. If you see an ad and you can hand on heart say you trust the seller or have had good experience of a trade with them, please say so. If you are equally convinced someone is a bad egg, consider a PM to a Mod.

Every so often we get someone sign up and try a sneaky back door sale or link to an unknown website. The only way we could stop this is to be a closed group and I don't think anyone wants that. Mods are not able to be online 24/7, if you see something like that tag a Mod in a post and add warning remark. I totally missed one recently, but by the time I had picked it up two members had politely but comprehensively crapped all over it. Thanks guys.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Like 1

I believe I was one of those crappers... and I think it is good protocol to tag one of the Mods in a less crapping post - as a heads up.

My approach... I'm afraid was impetuous.

I saw lots of warning signs to a possible scam (no tag, single digit post count on account registered a while back (could be hacked), over hyped description and photos that didn't really match the description.

But it isn't my role to crap on threads and become a one man vigilante. Long day... bad decision. Let's help the guys who keep this place as safe as possible in their endeavours on our behalf.

• Like 1