When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Noob

Hi There

So I am new here and I am not going to ask "where do I get the best Sub" because I think I already know that :)

Keen to learn more, especially about Vintage 5512 / 5513 as I have a pair that I would like to start modding. So I'll be really quiet whilst I am using the search functions and hoping to learn in the correct way. Naturally if anyone wants to throw me some pointers especially about aging the case and shaping the CG's it would be much appreciated

For a little further info. The username comes from the fact I couldn't be further from the coast here in the UK if I tried, but still manage to spend a load of time messing around with surfboards. Regarding watches I have a good mixture of Gens and Reps - mostly Rolex and Omega plus a few other brands (all Gen)

Cheers

Welcome surfer!

Here is some fun reading next door regarding your plans on modding:
https://www.replica-watch.info/threads/how-to-age-your-vintage-rolex-bonesey-style.92860/

As for the reshaping of the CG's i would recommend that you look at as many genuine watches of that specific model as possible and once you are certain how you want your CG to look like you start filing to reshape it to your own preferance.

Best of luck!

Great to have a fellow Brit and fellow surfer onboard. I used to live far far away from the sea too. Now I can see it from my bedroom window :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the guys will be delighted to see your progress reports on modding and give you some excellent tips along the way. As a fellow Brit I have to remind you that you can't be more than 70 miles from the sea in the U.K., which is almost a sea view for some of our members.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the guys will be delighted to see your progress reports on modding and give you some excellent tips along the way. As a fellow Brit I have to remind you that you can't be more than 70 miles from the sea in the U.K., which is almost a sea view or some of our members.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

You're quite right on the 70 miles from the coast. I'm 90 miles from any decent surf though, which is the East Coast around Scarborough and a good 200+ from Cornwall.

@kernow You're a lucky so and so living down there. When I'm there which is pretty much every six weeks I'm usually at Gwithian or somewhere between there and Aggie.

I used to surf the break at Gwithian as a kid. Never surfed at St Aggie for some reason. 

I was in Bucks for many years and feel your pain being so far from the sea. 

When I first moved back I loved the sound of the Seagulls now they're just bloody shitehawks! 

Spent my late childhood every summer on Crantock Beach. Swimming, surfing, poking rock pools and ogling girls in bikinis. Funny I remember it as a huge expanse of beach. A few years ago I bought a car in Newquay and drove it to Crantock for old times sake, it must have shrunk, it's a tiny little cove.