When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Vintage Chrono course available from Christian Laas

gasebah

There is a new course online form Christian Laas. Christian is a watchmaker at Patek and is preparing these courses in his off time.  It covers the Valjoux V72 but takes detours to other classics like 7734. I did the watchmaking 101 course from Christian and was very delighted as I mentioned a few times.

There are some great videos as teasers which  you can watch without buying the course. 

I know that this may sound like an ad but I am in no way connected to Christian other than being a happy customer.

Take a look at:

learnwatchmaking.com

I will buy the course once I have a few days off as I want to have the appropriate time and patience to do it.

Just to add that Christian giving his profession and occupation at Patek is obviously no friend of reps and frankens. So if you communicate with him better don't mention it.

I've always wanted to do something along these lines - well I guess to start with a non chrono, but never have the time (or probably the patience either). 

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

I've always wanted to do something along these lines - well I guess to start with a non chrono, but never have the time (or probably the patience either). 

Well if you like classic vintage chronos it might be worth to have look at the free preview videos anyway. He basically explains the whole system and how the parts work together.

38 minutes ago, jigelow said:

I have a 2894 that needs servicing, but I feel this won't touch on that. 

No, it doesn't I covers the classic vintage chrono movements like Valjoux V72, 7734, Landeron 48...