When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD DLC coating service in the US?

eunomians

Can anybody recommend or know of a PVD or DLC plating/coating shop in the US that will take on small parts (watch parts)?

I know there are some watch businesses that will do watch parts but they charge an extraordinarily silly amount of money.

Cerakote is an option perhaps too but every Cerakote "approved" gunsmith company refuses to do disassembled watch parts. They will do springs and screws from guns but won't do pushers or watch crowns! Strange....

Any non-watchworld leads?

I've had IWW pvd a 007 for me back in the early 2000s. Very expensive!

Motorcity Watch Works is interesting but the 4-5 month turnaround time isn't. Especially for a disassembled mid-case, crown and pushers... All media blasted already.

There is a huge gunsmith Cerakote shop down the road from me... their turnaround time is 24 hours, this includes disassembly/assembly and media blasting. They won't do watch parts. The pricing is way cheap too, like $25 total.

I'm hoping to find a shop that doesn't focus on watches but that is willing to do small parts.

I might have to utilize Motorcity Watch Works...

Update: Motorcity Watch Works won't accept parts anymore, only complete watches ... with a minimum 6 month lead time.

Does anyone else have any USA-based options?

I will take a look at the suggested U.K. option... But because of the high value of the parts I would like coated, I am trying to source a USA biz!