When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO with fully working chronograph

denea

I'm all wet and excited ... and I'm a male.

As I saw on some TD websites there are new releases. Between those is the Omega SpeedMaster '57 which uses the 7750 Movement, but has (here is where I got wet) a fully working chronograph.

So does this mean there's a breakthrough in the rocket science of modding the 7750 movement, which would mean there are soon to come Planet Ocean Chronographs with two sub-dials?

comp_DSC_0468-01.jpg

Or am I wrong? How do factories decide which watches they replicate ?

I am not an OMEGA expert at all but will try to give some input...lets hope the real experts chime in later :euro:

rocket science and 7750 movement in one and the same sentence that is rare B) there might be some issues with subdial distances, depth of date window etc but in principle it should be possible to get close to the 2015 version 8the original 57 should be more difficult given the difference in movements)..

I guess there is already quite a few reps with two subdials out ther at the moment however inaccurate in one way or another

Edited by gran

7 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

I believe the complication @3 is faux.

Or at least partly FAUX (2 hands so one should be Faux)....is there an issue with the minute counter on 9 also?

" Another flaw is the ridiculous split second hand on the 3 o'clock register. I don't know why they didn't do this like the PAM flyback reps where they just stack the hands so at least when the chrono is not moving it looks accurate. "

Edited by gran
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, denea said:

So this would mean the hours hand is just glued there and doesn't ever move ?

I beleive so, how could it work on this movement?

5 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

" JH will launch an upgraded  movement of the  two small hands at the three o 'clock side,and they can work well.  etatw2011 " Impressive if truly so