When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristies - thread consolidation?

jigelow

Alright formal warning time for Bart and Eunomians!  :nono:   You guys need to post a disclaimer before you put up pictures of your watches!

One page back, there I was innocently :hypocrite:  looking at watch pictures, click ... click ... yawn ... click ... and then suddenly, unexpectedly, out of nowhere....

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

the Daytona and Patek leaped out and grabbed my retinas.  I was struck dumb.  Catatonic.  I spilled my coffee, ruined another good keyboard, sitting drooling like Pavlov's dog.  Motionless, unable to move, think or breathe... or respond when my boss snuck up behind me.

Now I live in a cardboard box and my only possession is a candle, so I can lie staring at the photos of those two gorgeous watches.

But I'll be okay.  I always bounce back.  :tu:

the_jerk.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I was born in Yorkshire. I always dreamed of one day owning my own cardboard box, but life ground me down.

You had a dream?  Utter luxury!  I lived a life of grinding labor interspersed with beatings from strangers who purchased Beat The Bear  tickets at the corner shop.

Ironically, the cardboard box I call home was the shipping container for the tickets.  :g:

• Like 1

Shot this at the bay for the price of 7734 movement. I think it is out of the ordinary with its vibrant colors. Unfortunately after setting it a few times the date won't change anymore. Will have to open it up soon and make use of the chronograph course Inrecently started.

IMG_0376.thumb.JPG.02cc2e6b861f24284a61e7ddfffa1fe3.JPG

• Like 3

2ea9d5df46365a61573b47a3c26b552a.jpg

Really not sure about this one. I enjoyed trying it on at the local AP store a couple of years ago. Now it just seems like it fades into the ether. As if it has no voice or personality, or perhaps genuine originality. Maybe it's my sorta disdain for AP these days... Trends, clichés, fashion, new money... Yes the design is historic. Yes AP has a great story But like most things in this reality, money can buy you an AP or some other pedigree bespoke watch... But money cannot buy experience, patina, integrity, blah blah .... My rant is silly. Suffice it to say, I'd rather drive my air-cooled bat out of hell with all the right things wrong than drive a 2018 that any player with a big bank account can just go out and purchase. This watch belongs to which kind of mindset? I'm confused now! I guess that's what Hublot is for! To neuter the thirst for something original!

The ups and downs of this hobby for 3 decades perhaps has got me twisted today!

315c54c64770a38cee9cb1ab4d6cac64.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, eunomians said:

2ea9d5df46365a61573b47a3c26b552a.jpg

Really not sure about this one. I enjoyed trying it on at the local AP store a couple of years ago. Now it just seems like it fades into the ether. As if it has no voice or personality, or perhaps genuine originality. Maybe it's my sorta disdain for AP these days... Trends, clichés, fashion, new money... Yes the design is historic. Yes AP has a great story But like most things in this reality, money can buy you an AP or some other pedigree bespoke watch... But money cannot buy experience, patina, integrity, blah blah .... My rant is silly. Suffice it to say, I'd rather drive my air-cooled bat out of hell with all the right things wrong than drive a 2018 that any player with a big bank account can just go out and purchase. This watch belongs to which kind of mindset? I'm confused now! I guess that's what Hublot is for! To neuter the thirst for something original!

The ups and downs of this hobby for 3 decades perhaps has got me twisted today!

315c54c64770a38cee9cb1ab4d6cac64.jpg

I'm with you on that subject. And here's my ride of preference

jensenconv.jpg

• Like 1