When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristies - thread consolidation?

jigelow

It's been a long absence, but nice to see old friends! Miss you guys!

Have not done much with watches in a long time, and frankly, with some of these new pieces coming out, there's really not a lot to do with regards to building either. Admittedly, it's kinda strange to have a new rep that doesn't need a gen dial, or hands or crystal... And more shockingly, has a reliable clone movement with 72hr power reserve... 

So, been spending a lot of my free time putting miles on the car. Miles of smiles 🙃

PSX_20200430_212159.jpg

• Like 6

Hah, I’m spending a lot of time with my car too. I smacked a moose in November and it’s taken me this long to find wings and a bonnet. Now stripping and wishing I was good with a brass hammer and a block of wood. I guess I can say my replacement body parts have “character”.

8412bb040aa9800d8d1c06a6cfe4f3ca.jpg

bfc7040b5424cc2a2937a6f9567b03c7.jpg

• Like 1

Nicely done, very, very nice. 

I simply have to do this too.
Its fairly easy, i removed this big wheel and filed off some of the teeth so it has no contact with the hour wheel then glued it on, it's easier to get the 6oclock pin in the right place that way than just gluing the little wheel,
70e85cd43b42b48de1deebf2e8231cfc.jpgfec28f79b576687ffd63cfa16bd8bd1d.jpg2250eecfe9414278d4ac6f1a5f81f7ce.jpg61d3a23521dc41335e4d1f400a0e66b7.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alan72 said:

Its fairly easy, i removed this big wheel and filed off some of the teeth so it has no contact with the hour wheel then glued it on, it's easier to get the 6oclock pin in the right place that way than just gluing the little wheel,
70e85cd43b42b48de1deebf2e8231cfc.jpgfec28f79b576687ffd63cfa16bd8bd1d.jpg2250eecfe9414278d4ac6f1a5f81f7ce.jpg61d3a23521dc41335e4d1f400a0e66b7.jpg

Nice work!

• Like 1

Nice work!
Im never doing it again tho, it took a fair few attempts to get the 3oclock chrono hand to reset back to the right place, i guess that would have been easier if I had one of those movement holders with the chrono pushers on it rather than having to put it back in the case every time to test it

9 hours ago, ubiquitous said:

It's been a long absence, but nice to see old friends! Miss you guys!

Have not done much with watches in a long time, and frankly, with some of these new pieces coming out, there's really not a lot to do with regards to building either. Admittedly, it's kinda strange to have a new rep that doesn't need a gen dial, or hands or crystal... And more shockingly, has a reliable clone movement with 72hr power reserve... 

So, been spending a lot of my free time putting miles on the car. Miles of smiles 🙃

PSX_20200430_212159.jpg

Nice

I miss my Porsche  😪

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alan72 said:

Im never doing it again tho, it took a fair few attempts to get the 3oclock chrono hand to reset back to the right place, i guess that would have been easier if I had one of those movement holders with the chrono pushers on it rather than having to put it back in the case every time to test it

The final product looks great, I’m truly impressed the pictures are well presented and your humility “It’s fairly easy” is a model to emulate.  Congratulations on a job well done, enjoy it well, that’s a gorgeous Speedy that truly wears like gen.

Edited by Pontiaddict
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan72 said:

LOL!!! Yup, having the proper tools makes every job easier..