When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new book

rionrlty

Hi Guys,

Many of you know me well as I have been active on the forum for nearly 4 years now.  I've actually been collecting watches, both gen and rep, for nearly 25 years now and have upwards of 35 watches at this point, mostly reps with few gens thrown in for good measure.  I spend considerable time on that, but it is not my only interest.  

I am also a writer and have been working on several books for nearly 5 years now.  I recently self-published my first release on Amazon a couple of days ago.  Over my time collecting I've found that many of the same people who enjoy watches also possess and interest in automobile related things.  Many are actually Auto enthusiasts and I am too, having restored nearly 60 classic cars during my 70 years on this earth.

The book is in the Science Fiction genre and is primarily about Time Travel.  However the impromptu time machine happens to be a nicely restored Jaguar XK 120 roadster.  The book also includes many examples of cars from the 1930's to through the future year of 2037, in their natural habitat.  Coincidentally a couple of vintage mechanical watches from the 1950's also play an important role.  The name of the book is "JOY RIDE" and it is the first in a series known as "SHINY SIDE UP".  The next one is in the editing phase and should be available before the end of summer.  It's working title is "RIDING SHOTGUN".  For those of you may be interested here is a link to the book on Amazon.

Regards, Mike

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJCFN1L/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1489364565&sr=1-1&keywords=Mike+Rion

• Like 1

Yeah, for now.  It will be in Paperback, but it takes a little longer to get it formatted.  Less expensive to buy digital too.  Price now is $4.00, but will be about $12.00 when available in paperback.  Kindle is Amazons reading app and can be downloaded to any device for free from Amazon.  I read on my android tablet as well as my IPhone from time to time.  Try it out.

Mike 

Gotcha, that's why the softcover is not here yet.  Everything has to be re-formatted to fit the physical dimensions as opposed to digital and its way beyond my capabilities.  I credit digital with giving me the opportunity to realize a life long desire in writing.  I do all my writing, research and publishing right here on my computer.  I never anticipated that I would become grateful for that typing course they made me take in the 10th grade.  It took most of my life to get to the point of acceptance though.  Back in the mid-1960's I was an illustrator and had the opportunity to get into computer technology on the ground floor, at the defense contractor I worked for then.  I cross trained for several months and got so frustrated that I quit the job.  My good buddy at the time stuck with it and is one of the foremost IT experts in Las Vegas currently.  Who knew?  

• Like 1

Thanks so much.  Working on the Paperback as we speak, but it seems to be a big deal with re-formatting for size, from the digital version.  I'll keep you in mind.

Mike, I would not like to live in a world like that.  You have provided a frightening glimpse into what could very well happen if we let government get out of control...

Hi Sixx,

Good to hear from you.  I'm currently working on getting it out in soft cover as well as Audio.  I'll be sure and let you know once it is released.  I'm really gratified by the response I've gotten from forum members and a few of them have already purchased the digital version.

Regards, Mike 

Edited by rionrlty