RWG
Eddy.barone2@gmail.com

My project modd. Vintage 1680 sub.

Lemme guess what you've done...reshaped CGs, drilled lugs, aged case/bezel/crystal...am I right?

For me the problem with aging is almost always that it looks way too much done on purpose. It's very hard and a science for itself to get the aging done that it looks like the watch was worn daily for decades. Therefore I prefer the NOS style for most parts. The inlay can be aged and if the outcome isn't good...well...10 or 20 bucks for the bin...who cares.

But for your first attempt I'd say you've done a pretty good job mate :)

Honestly I like this look. Just probably have to change or do something with the pearl (or just remove it)

Lemme guess what you've done...reshaped CGs, drilled lugs, aged case/bezel/crystal...am I right?

For me the problem with aging is almost always that it looks way too much done on purpose. It's very hard and a science for itself to get the aging done that it looks like the watch was worn daily for decades. Therefore I prefer the NOS style for most parts. The inlay can be aged and if the outcome isn't good...well...10 or 20 bucks for the bin...who cares.

But for your first attempt I'd say you've done a pretty good job mate

Right

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Eddy.barone2@gmail.com said:

Submariner 1680

yes, obviously. Which factory/TD? 

Mhhhh

Sounds like 1 ton of BS!

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not need to be rude here...we don't like that...we are a very polite knitting club...just sayin!

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

Not need to be rude here...we don't like that...we are a very polite knitting club...just sayin!

it is not my intention to offend anyone, I wrote to you in private for the TD STRANGER TO THIS GROUP

36 minutes ago, docthor said:

Indeed there are ways of saying things. @Eddy.barone2@gmail.com It would be interesting to know what the original watch was even if it is no longer available, please share. 

"For me the problem with aging is almost always that it looks way too much done on purpose."

+1

If you want a watch properly aged...let your wife or GF wear it for a few months.   :pimp:

OP - if we do not know what you started out with, how can you expect us to recognize what you did???

B

4 hours ago, docthor said:

+1. Not a good impression for the 5th post. This might be the common diction on other forums. But we try our best to be gentlemen here.

OP I think it would be okay to name the source of the watch. Many of us, Mods included have spoken of sourcing parts  far and wide. As long as you do not post website links, you will be doing nothing against the rules or that has not been done before.

If as I now suspect, you are not naming the source because they are not a TD here, then I salute you for your discretion, but as has been said, without knowing what you started with it is hard to comment on your work.

This dial is very nice....Maybe the crown needs to be changed because its too fat;  athaya  cron and tube will upgrade it very well !

5 hours ago, automatico said:

"For me the problem with aging is almost always that it looks way too much done on purpose."

+1

If you want a watch properly aged...let your wife or GF wear it for a few months.   :pimp:

Haha...even with a sub ceramic it will look like a vintage if i let my wife wear it :lol:

+1

right

+1. Not a good impression for the 5th post. This might be the common diction on other forums. But we try our best to be gentlemen here.

When it's arrived QC:6b65ab8dad787fe8b0138ade8ee60e0a.jpg

sorry, but what have I done wrong?

This is web site when I bought this watch :
http://www.ycopywatches.co/rolex-replica-watches/submariner-replica-watches/rolex-vintage-red-submariner-1680-tropical-dial

I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience

sorry, but what have I done wrong?

Mag8 has done it wrong and unless Mag8 isn't your second you all's good mate :)

3 hours ago, docthor said:

Mag8 has done it wrong and unless Mag8 isn't your second you all's good mate :)

Indeed!

This watch reminds me of the early 1680s that Puretime had 7 or 8 years ago. The 2846 is certainly a cool movement to have in a 1680 or 1665.

The DWO looks decent and correct. The dial is ok, but the lume plots are just so-so, IMO, too shiny.

As was mentioned, a gen crown and tube would certainly help- those rep crowns are always too big.

I'd leave the crystal and insert alone- they look fine to me.

All in all it's a nice watch and with a better dial it could really be kick a$$.

This watch reminds me of the early 1680s that Puretime had 7 or 8 years ago. The 2846 is certainly a cool movement to have in a 1680 or 1665.
The DWO looks decent and correct. The dial is ok, but the lume plots are just so-so, IMO, too shiny.
As was mentioned, a gen crown and tube would certainly help- those rep crowns are always too big.
I'd leave the crystal and insert alone- they look fine to me.
All in all it's a nice watch and with a better dial it could really be kick a$$.

Thanks you

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.006)

What's the best source for a dial for the 1680? I've got a 21j cartel version that's not bad, but I feel the dial lets it down. Yuki's don't have dial feet in the right position from what I can tell df463f5d63f744289f52250f91a26bb8.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.