When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thought​s on the new Seadweller 4000?

Tribal

I for one love the new design subdweller great look to it it'll keep quite a few people very happy and some not so much mainly the vintage heads (lol I'm one of em) think it's a great piece of Rolex marketing .......need to bag an SD pretty quick now too, prices are gonna go up up up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of haters, but I think they've finally made the "goldilocks" watch for those who wanted a solution between the DSSD and the 40mm Sub/SDs.  They did right with this one, it'll take time for folks to understand 43mm in rolex world is actually 42mm.

1 hour ago, hologramet said:

Nicer lugs and overall shape, although 43mm here and there says nothing until I can see it on the wrist. The cyclops though... I would change that xtal ASAP if the overall fit was good and I liked it. 

Change it to what, though? At that size, there probably isn't a non-cyclops alternative out there.

15 minutes ago, jigelow said:

Change it to what, though? At that size, there probably isn't a non-cyclops alternative out there.

There's always an alternative somewhere...

Worst case scenario. Remove the cyclops, chemically remove the AR on inner part of the xtal. 

Never going to use it as a diver. Pointless edition and doesn't add any value / anything new.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Adding new in what? Rolex brand in general? Because for the Sea Dweller is a major upgrade including new movement, new size, new bracelet, nice SEL design (at last for the SD) and of course the red text and the cyclops.. at the end it's a watch what else "new" should it has?
From where I stand I am curious to see how it wears, I believe it will feel like a 42mm more than anything bigger and I see the crystal now sits lower and maybe overall thickness will feel smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of reminds me of a submariner on steroids!! Actually, it's not too bad. I would need to see one in the flesh and try it on before I really made up my mind. I will say, I had over the years three DSSD's, tried my best to love them, but for my wrist they were one of the poorest fitting watches I have owned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1