When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DrGrans MicroReview IWC Pilot Chronograph Ref.3777 10 SS/SS V6 Factory

gran

Micro Review by DrGran

Ordered: IWC0339 - IWC Pilot Chronograph Ref.3777 SS/SS Black V6F A7750 from Trusty

Description: V6 Top Edition in SS Bracelet! This is V2 Edition Special Upgrade!

At first it seemed it was not from V6 factory as decribed, but rather from the ZF factory.......

Trysty_6_F_ZF_3777_10.jpg

...but Trusty assured me it is indeed a V6 and that they just put ZF QC stickers on it as they have these lying around. Rep of a rep situation!!! Very odd, but its the replica jungle and who knows!?

Now the 3777 10 watch:

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F.jpg

First impression is that it is about the same quality as the best 3777 01 from 2014 (the version with triple date window).

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_great.jpg

AR: OK

Dial: OK

Hands: OK

Case brushing and rounding of edges: OK

Crown: Could be better logo quality (more crisp), Crown, tube and its threads likely a weak spot on this,  lets hope it dosent strip...

AR: OK

Lume: Could be better even if it lingers quite some time  (not worth taking the photo)

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_Clasp.jpg

Bracelett: Correct type (and it is different from and more masculine compared to the 3777 01)

Clasp and IWC engraving: OK and deeper engraved IWC than on my previous one

Microstepper: OK

Caseback: Looks very good and engravings deep enough

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_back.jpg

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_b2.jpg

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_bw.jpg

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_3.jpg

Movement: I have not opened the caseback but it runs on time for the 2 days I have worn it, the reliability of Day and Date change might be an issue.......its a replica

Wristshot:

Dr_Gran_377710_V6_F_w.jpg

Conclusion:  This 3777 10 is gen-like to me. This is the kind of watch I like. I find the bracelet comfortable. This will likely become the watch that I will wear often. My daily beater,  if it keeps running on time.

NB! My very handsome 3777 01 replica from TORO in 2014 for comparison. Notice the triple date and the different style bracelet (this watch will be sent off for service soon):

Dr_Gran3777.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Another fantastic review by the infamous Gran. :tu:

:tu: It should be the other way round...eh :tu:

0dcd3033a8ecaa55e41c93f9843ea2f3.gif

20 hours ago, bxx said:

thank you gran for that honest first impression, please let us know about that day date, and the movement, good day.

It keeps good time, winds well, powers reserve is good, date is correct every morning when I wake up. It is still early to tell.

• 10 months later...

Hi There Gran:) I have the Le Petit Prince edition with blue dial. ZF-factory. Did you exprience some issues with the crown since you got the watch almost a year ago?

I bought mine abot 8months ago. After a couple of weeks the crown seemed to be stripped, slowly but surely. It began when I discovered it looked like it screwed back in misaligned. After a couple of attemts to screw it gently in again to have it aligned, it kind of slipped and now it barely locks in place. Is it possible to source spare part from the dealer, perhaps?

• 6 months later...