When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Watch Insurance??

tframo

Hi guys.    In your experience, is  it typically better to add your gen watches to your existing homeowners insurance as scheduled items or purchases a stand alone policy from a company specializing in jewelry? 

Also same question for firearms.

thanks 

All of my more valuable gens, like the family jewelry, have separate riders on my existing homeowners policy. The less expensive ones are covered under the base policy.

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

All of my more valuable gens, like the family jewelry, have separate riders on my existing homeowners policy. The less expensive ones are covered under the base policy.

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Got to be careful with homeowners, read the fine print, they have a pretty low cap on jewelry, watches, art, etc.
we keep all my wife's jewelry and a few of my watches in a fireproof safe, but the problem is that doesn't insure loss while away from home. I have all my firearms insured with a rider on my homeowners policy. May have to look into Jewelers Mutual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have roughly 20k worth of my wifes jewelry through chubb and pay around $600 ayear. I feel that it is high.

My home owners insurance wanted roughly 25% of the items value to cover jewelry / watchs. way over priced

I looks at the estimates from jewelers mutual and it looks promising. may have to drop chubb and add my watchs.

• Like 1