When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's talk about Basel

jigelow

There were more pieces released this year at Basel that I was excited about than several of the past few years. 

Omega - absolutely crushed it. The '57 reissues are gorgeous. The Speedy is so great that I honestly debated selling off everything and ordering one. 

Heuer - released their Autavia that which had the design voted on. It's a great piece, but I wish it was more brushed and less polished. I also wish it wasn't so huge (for me). 

Tudor - meh. I like the thought of a heritage chrono with an in house movement. By it doesn't look quite right with the snowflake hands. 

Rolex - meh. Not really anything that excited me. 

Hell, even Hamilton had an interesting re-release of a big eyes chrono. 

What did did you guys think? Any interesting pieces you found or heard about?

I don't like the Tudor chrono either, apart from the pushers are so nice! Like old mk1's . Don't know why I like the bb two tone, it's facepalmish but I like it :lol:  .

i love the reissue omegas and I feel the can do this, as they show promise in all other aspects of their range, unlike panerai.

seadweller is average tbh everyone is crying about the cyclops, but for me it's just as bad as the shitty hand proportions, rough as...

love the haribomaster ;)

wish they would have made slightly bigger sub dials in the autavia but it's really very nice and an easy winner .

• Like 1

The only thing I was interested to see was the Blancpain FF homage to the original Mil-Spec. 40mm which is a nice size for those of us that are on the smaller side. Also it has the moisture indicator disc on the dial like the old original Mil-Spec's.

Hopefully this one will get repped, as it's size should make it pretty popular.

The Tudor chronos looked OK, but the snowflake hands just don't fit the watch. What I don't understand is Tudor putting those hands on every release. It's strange, because the snowflake hands only appeared on a few models, and for a relatively short time..

Lots of really weird watches that are priced at a gazillion dollars each, but most don't look like they are actually wearable except for a couple of hours for photo shoots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1