When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And the winner is !!

Well guys went looking for something for our next raffle and well along with a bunch of reps as I always try to include a gen or two this was the buy , hope you like it!

Ocean-One-Vintage-Dual-Time_diagonal_steel_bracelet 1.jpg

stein 4.jpg

In the mid-1950s the major civilian airlines were increasingly offering transatlantic flights, which created for the pilots the need for a wristwatch that was able to show a second time in addition to the regular one, individually adjustable, to display two different time zones at a single glance. So a wristwatch was developed in Switzerland in 1954 that enjoys to this day both in the civil and military aviation great popularity. To pay tribute to this extraordinary time, we have designed the STEINHART Ocean One Vintage Dual Time PREMIUM a compact wristwatch featuring a second time zone (dual time) and a date complication, which displays the even days in red colour and the odd days in black. The first thing that catches the eye is the extraordinary dial, whose multiple facets are nearly impossible to capture in a photo. The silvery shiny, gray-beige tone is additionally superimposed by a radial gradient, which extends from light to darker from the center outwards to the edge of the dial, underlining magnificently the vintage character of this extraordinary watch. The markers and hands are lavishly equipped with luminous colour which, with its natural ecru tone, mimics the appearance of aged radium, or tritium, once again citing the historic character of the STEINHART Ocean One Vintage Dual Time PREMIUM The second time zone can be adjusted individually by either the fourth hand, painted in red with a small arrowhead, as well as by setting the unidirectional rotating bezel, which features a two-tone aluminum inlay with 24-hour scale. All four hands as well as the two-tone date are driven by a new movement, developed by the Swiss company Soprod, the SOP A10-24hTop. Just like the sister without dual time complication, the A10-24h also impresses with a lush and detailed decoration, which is additionally crowned with the skeletonized, gilt STEINHART rotor. It goes without saying that so much beauty should not be hidden under a solid steel case back and so this masterpiece of precision can be admired through the glass of an exhibition case back. And if that were not enough to make the heart of every collector beat faster, the STEINHART Ocean One Vintage Dual Time PREMIUM also makes use of the highly domed sapphire crystal, which already enjoys big popularity as a feature of our Ocean One Vintage. Whether one prefers it on the stainless steel bracelet or rather the padded leather strap, the STEINHART Ocean One Vintage Dual Time sure is a must for every wristwatch fan!

Movement

Soprod A10

• Swiss made
  •  automatic
  •  25 Jewels
  •  Hacking second
  •  Decorated movement ,
  •  blue screws and golden STEINHART rotor

Functions

•  screwed Crown
  •  Second time zone set on the bezel + hands

Case

• Stainless steel 316 L
  • Diameter 42 mm
  • Height 16 mm
  • Weight 91 g
  • Lug width 22 mm spring bar
  • Sapphire glass domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
  • Bezel Stainless steel, Inlay alu vintage blue/red
  • Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed with sapphire crystal
  • Waterproof to 30 ATM

Dial & hand

• Dial Beige vintage
  • Superluminova Vintage, Old Radium
  • hour and minute with Superluminova Vintage " Old Radium "
  • central second hand

Strap & Buckle

• Strap Stainless steel 22mm screwed
  • Buckle Stainless steel 22mm with safety butterfly clasp screwed with logo

Link:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/gmt-ocean-1-black-582.html

More pics!

stein 6.jpg

stein 8.jpg

stein 9.jpg

• Like 2

1. You are correct about the development of a dual time zone watch. The reason was simple. The pilots did not want to take the time to calculate Greenwich mean time to the time zone they were in.  Mostly, they didn't want to be responsible for calculating it incorrectly.  LOL

Aaargh! I've been looking for one of these to buy on the forums for ages.

Missed two.

What price are you paying for it Mike if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent mate!

And an all time fav in in the Steinhart lineup out in a limited edition, you never see these for sale although I know a few guys who have them no need to wonder why.

ObGvsQAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

OH yea I bought it! And you guys ain't getting it........................

SteinhartOceanVintageGMTLEL.jpg

These f**kers where on back order for ever!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fraggle42 said:

Aaargh! I've been looking for one of these to buy on the forums for ages.

Missed two.

What price are you paying for it Mike if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rich take a shot on the raffle! :partytime:

• Like 1