When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Super Avenger II Gen vs Rep Accuracy

ShivneelSingh

Hello.

My name is Shivneel and I've been a lurker on this forum for about five years. Never really posted anything but definitely do a lot of reading.

Five years ago, I purchased a rep Breitling Bentley 6.75 which has the Asian A7750 movement. Well, it stopped working after a year. It's very hard to wind and does not keep power reserve. So I stopped wearing it.

A year later, I purchased a rep Omega Planet Ocean which has a Swiss ETA 2892, but it fell apart and stopped working a few months later.

So I quit purchasing reps and saved up for a genuine Tag heuer Carrera Grand Prix Monaco Limited Edition (looking to sell). I love it, it keeps very accurate and it's a beautiful watch.

A year later, I purchase a genuine Omega Planet Ocean with the 8500 movement and man this thing is amazing! Extremely accurate, literally +.5/sec. per day.

Well, the Breitling itch is happening again. I want to purchase a Breitling Super Avenger II model A1337111, but it's pretty expensive for me at the moment.

My question is: If I purchase a rep of the Suepr Avenger, and send it to a trusted watch movement repair person for a full servicing , will the A7750 be anywhere close to RELIABLE and ACCURATE as a genuine?

I really appreciate all reply and responses

Thank you. 

I think you have actually had bad luck with your reps, all of mine (some over 10 years old) still work perfectly.

If you take a rep in for servicing then you will usually be told if it has problems.

I would buy the watch and take it straight in for a service then if it has build issues you can still get your dealer involved in the fix.

Ken

Ken,

Thank you you so much for you input. Since I really love the Super Avenger II, I decided to purchase a genuine model at an AD.

Howver, I did purchase a rep Panerai PAM359 with a Seagull ST2555 from a member of this forum. I love it!! +5 seconds/day.

I may purchase a rep Navitimer 46mm soon!!

IMG_5369.JPG