When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got this back from Domi today....

gasebah

Had it in for a complete service. I feel comfortable to dig into an 2824 or the likes but these old column wheel chronos are still too challenging for me to work on. He also brushed up the bezel and gave the numbers some lacquer. Shorter minute hand as per gen and an Athaya crown were the last touch ups. Gotta say I am quite happy with it. This will definitely get some wrist time.

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.96a658d247b4dc4bc72a847e0cb28bbd.JPGIMG_0346.thumb.JPG.9422e6aee2d180ffd2c329b6f1d95f07.JPGIMG_0345.thumb.JPG.18e196061ee5bc58a490506328428df4.JPG

6 minutes ago, hugop said:

Minute hand looks great! I still need to shorten mine. Bezel is nicely refinished as well.

Now all you need is gen date wheel and plexi and it is perfect!

Super home plate there friend!

I heard that a gen crystal will not fit the DW bezel. The bezel allegedly is too narrow and you either have to shave the crystal or open the bezel (which would then make the numbers look too close to the crystal). Any experience on that?

1 hour ago, Sub007 said:

Beautiful!!! Mine says Hi emoji6.png

Man, your endlinks look fabulous. What are these and how did you make them fit so nicely?

2 minutes ago, gasebah said:

Man, your endlinks look fabulous. What are these and how did you make them fit so nicely?

Thanks, they are indeed a perfect fit. Gen Rolex 380b with gen spec springbars purchased here in the group buy (the best springs I have ever had). 

I heard that a gen crystal will not fit the DW bezel. The bezel allegedly is too narrow and you either have to shave the crystal or open the bezel (which would then make the numbers look too close to the crystal). Any experience on that?

Yes, mine has a gen plexi and is a DW. RA has a way of fitting without changes to the Rehaut. You can also put thin metal tape all the way around the Rehaut to make up the space. It is very little space. The bezel also has to be opened up to fit over the plexi. I will send pics of mine when I get back in a bit.

Just now, Sub007 said:

Thanks, they are indeed a perfect fit. Gen Rolex 380b with gen spec springbars purchased here in the group buy (the best springs I have ever had). 

Did you do any work on them or did they fit out of the box? This is a DW case, right?

2 minutes ago, gasebah said:

Did you do any work on them or did they fit out of the box? This is a DW case, right?

No work that I know off as I bought the piece as it is now. And yes DW Case

Ps. and just like yourself also looking to have a Gen Plexi installed

I am not sure that a gen crystal is worth the hassle to me. There are more obvious tells like the subdials. Now a genuine date wheel with the straight ones that is a different story. And it is an easy fix once you have one. I may go for it down the road.