When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello from kansas!

just wanted to stop in and say hello!  been lurking on a few watch forums (WUS & RWI) for a few months, and this one by far is the most informative -- so i joined up and will hopefully contribute as my kb grows!

little background:  i'm a tinker at heart, doesn't really matter what it is (appliances, computers, bikes, tennis racquets)...  if it breaks or can be modified, it gets pulled apart and/or tweaked.  i found my watch rabbit hole with an old invicta 9937 (sapphire crystal w/ SW200-2 movement) that had a damaged bezel insert.  after fixing that i noticed what others were doing with watch modification and i was hooked! I have the basics down (dial swap, hand swap, rotor swap, basic dremel and case shaping)...

however, i might've bitten off more than I can chew with a lofty goal of making this 9937 look like a fantasy tudor 94011 / 79190, but i'm hoping i can find some help in these pages (especially those with the right tools - lug holes and tube/crown swap)!  I'll sand for days if someone says that's the way it's done right...

anyways - i hope to learn some new tricks and make some new friends along the way...  feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the other "tinkering" -- tennis racquets was the last "project" ;)

see you around!